• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fascist British government uses ermergency powers against G8 protesters"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    I forget the figures hyperD, but I believe the Tories won more Parliamentary English seats than Labour at the last election. And that's with the unpopular Michael Howard at their helm.

So it's not all as hopeless as it may at first seem. Well, probably not.
    Ah but phoney Tony has made it possible for the Welsh and Scots to inflict a Labour Govt. on England without it having any outcome on them.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I forget the figures hyperD, but I believe the Tories won more Parliamentary English seats than Labour at the last election. And that's with the unpopular Michael Howard at their helm.

So it's not all as hopeless as it may at first seem. Well, probably not.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate

If the last election was an indication, England has already rumbled Blair, it's the Scots and Welsh who are still fooled by these deceivers.
    Jeez, you are right - they do look like Stormtroopers! Scary!

I'd like to agree with you there Bob, but I still think alot of people are still unaware of the longterm damage this government are having. Although things like WMD, Byers, Bliar etc are tangibles for some people, most are completely clueless about everything else.

Leave a comment:

• peterhain
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    The British people as a whole seem oblivious to this as they went and elected him for another 5 years
    Let me stop you there. Tony Blair wouldn't do anything to put our democracy at risk. He has even gone to war to protect democracy in terrorist states, which proves the man's credentials I think.

The message is this. If you aren't a terrorist, you have nothing to fear. But if you are a terrorist, we're coming to get you.

Remember, you can have all the civil rights you want, but they won't protect you if you are in an underground train that is blown up.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied

As WGAS illustrated and threaded correctly commented,
    these guys are gradually mutating or evolving into Imperial Stormtroopers.

I'd hate to imagine the political fall out if the Tories introduced and suggested a fraction of the legislation Labour has.

I agree with Zathras. The population are indeed mostly oblivious to the ways in which Labour have and still plan to erode our freedoms. Much of it nothing to do with terrorism or the crime it pretends to address.

But the fact this deceitful Government will try to use terrorism to scare or persuade people into giving up these freedoms, is testimony to their true intent.

If the last election was an indication, England has already rumbled Blair, it's the Scots and Welsh who are still fooled by these deceivers.
    Last edited by BobTheCrate; 1 August 2005, 09:55.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yeah, so good no one wanted to be the first to stop clapping.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Blair doesn't have the working class accent of Stalin.
    Or the expletive riddled speeches.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You don't think that Bliar is the reincarnation of Joseph Stalin by any chance?
    Blair doesn't have the working class accent of Stalin.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    As The Economist rightly observes this week, as with all new laws introduced "reluctantly and only as a last resort to be used in exceptional cases and times", expect them to be routinely used to their full in all manner of circumstances within weeks of introduction. Once a law is "reluctantly" passed, the police have no concept of only "using it a bit" and will always use their new powers to the full.

As the punchline says, "Policemen and politicians are shooting from the hip. That's bad."

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by sappatz
    apparently they used emergency terrorism powers against street musicians and peaceful demonstrators : they where hold for up to 96 hours in soolitary confinment without access to lawyers !

everything goes well. Heil Blair !
    Read an interesting quote over the weekend; Those who would give up a little liberty in the pursuit of safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

It is a sentiment that perhaps Blair should take heed of. He has been dismantling the basic parts of what constitutes our liberty for some years now. That started with the steady erosion of Parliament's power with increasing uses of secondary legislation - see the Regulation of Investigative Powers Act for example (Blair has the worse voting record of any PM at around 3-4%), reduction in the Right to a Jury Trial, ID Cards, Civil Contingency Bill, reducing the power of judges by giving pmore power to ministers to make what are essentially judicial matters - for example Control Orders.

The British people as a whole seem oblivious to this as they went and elected him for another 5 years

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    What no crotch protectors?

Paint 'em white and you'd have something from Star Wars.

Leave a comment:

• WGAS
    replied
    Here's a G8 link that should make Lucifer Box laugh, have you ever seen more camp police officers

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Which reminds me. Anyone know of any site where I can get free non-copyright pics of politicians? I want to set up an interactive stabbing politicians to music game.

Leave a comment:

• WGAS
    replied
    They've also confiscated servers of people running blogs about G8 protests.

Funny how they'll go after blogs of G8 protesters but not those of islamic extremists based in Britain.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Are you saying that the police are rounding up peaceful protesters? Are you sure they are not rounding up people intent on mischief: one of the forms of mischief being to claim they are peaceful protesters when in fact they have other intentions?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X