• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Do u drink 2 much?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do u drink 2 much?"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    My theory is it depends on who's been doing the recruiting, if it's older battleaxe women in charge of HR then they don't recruit young totty. Get an old smoothy bloke in charge and the place will be crawling with it.
    I believe it's known as selection by erection

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    No but yeah but no really I can't be the only one who drinks so much during the working week?
    I don't think current client would be very keen on lunchtime drinking. On the other hand, they regularly provide free booze at late afternoon team meetings, and also regularly put lots of money behind the bar at a nearby boozer for after-work drinks to celebrate things like the monthly RAJAR figures.

Previous client had a monthly picnic in the summer... all the developers would cart a load of booze and food over to St James' Park where we'd spend the afternoon playing frisbee or (in my case) lying on the grass

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    I think I do. Just went out 4 3 pints at lunchtime, really enjoyed it but it's just gettin 2 regular. Just City living is it?
    gdhrhreh!! fjdv fgjdf . . gf ...........

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    HR girls always seem to be stunning. If ever there was a department you wanted to be supporting UAT in...
    PITAs

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I must be working in the wrong places, I don't think I've ever seen anyone particularly attractive working in HR.
    My theory is it depends on who's been doing the recruiting, if it's older battleaxe women in charge of HR then they don't recruit young totty. Get an old smoothy bloke in charge and the place will be crawling with it.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Unless he meant that TazMaN should drink a smaller amount of high-strength lager, in which case his sentence reads fine
    Fair enough. Good point.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    I must be working in the wrong places, I don't think I've ever seen anyone particularly attractive working in HR.
    Me too come to think of it, mostly staffed by biffas.

Marketing usually doesn't disappoint though.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    You definitely are. All of the HR chicks I've ever been through have been quite hot.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    HR girls always seem to be stunning. If ever there was a department you wanted to be supporting UAT in...
    Ahem - that would be every one of my projects then :-)

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    marketing and pre-sales

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Underdressed
    Attractive
    Totty

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Apparently, as the shapely girl from HR told us, it's because while at work, your employer is responsible for your well-being, hence if you fall over and break anything it's their fault, outside the office you can do what you like.
    Including the shapely girl from HR?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Apparently, as the shapely girl from HR told us, it's because while at work, your employer is responsible for your well-being, hence if you fall over and break anything it's their fault, outside the office you can do what you like.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Rationale

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Drinking during office hours is viewed very unfavourably where I am. Chap went to a meeting with breath smelling of alcohol and was told to go home to sober up. Followed up by 1st e-mail warning next morning.
    However it's OK to go and get slaughtered after work!
    This is another part of the appeal of Australia, the traditional Friday afternoon beers in the office

Leave a comment:

Working...
X