• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "do contracts have notice periods?"

Collapse

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Well, 4 weeks but with a few clauses in it like if I don't work for x days they can terminate contract etc... but that's just standard practice.
    I'm sure mine is something like not working for 20 days...not turning up for a month is pretty much a months notice if you ask me..albeit slightly less polite!

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    WHS
    Well, 4 weeks but with a few clauses in it like if I don't work for x days they can terminate contract etc... but that's just standard practice.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Your bluff has indeed been called...

Sorry.
    Soon as he answers my question I will give him lots of ill-informed advice : I hope he has the good sense to ask someone sensible instead of me.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Does that mean I have to help him and expose my poor contract knowledge despite being a contractor for 19 years, 7 months, 19 days?
    Your bluff has indeed been called...

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It was "tails" btw...
    Does that mean I have to help him and expose my poor contract knowledge despite being a contractor for 19 years, 7 months, 19 days?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Maybe he is negotiating with a pimp?

Shall we help him or beast him? Anyone got a coin?
    It was "tails" btw...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    My contract has 4 weeks either side..
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    My contract has 4 weeks either side..

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    He hasn't got one. He's just posted another thread asking how easy is it to go contracting.
    F'n timewaster.
    Maybe he is negotiating with a pimp?

Shall we help him or beast him? Anyone got a coin?

Leave a comment:

• qwertyjjj
    replied
    Such trolls
    I don't see the problem in asking and getting to know about these things...

I was asking whether it was legal.
    It's like saying to someone you are NOT allowed to leave. What if you have personal reasons or other?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Idiot Post Alert!

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    The wording in the contract usually gives a pretty good indication.

Read your contract. I can sense Mal sharpening blades
    He hasn't got one. He's just posted another thread asking how easy is it to go contracting.
    F'n timewaster.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Depends. Most don't allow the contractor to quit but do allow the client to "fire" you.
    Prime example of IR35 fodder old boy.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    cynic
    Yet to be proven wrong, dear boy!

Leave a comment:

• qwertyjjj
    replied
    What I mean is, is it legal under contract law?
    For exampe, to say to someone you are not allowed to leave us. What if you had personal reasons or just didn't want to work there anymore?

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    The wording in the contract usually gives a pretty good indication.

Read your contract. I can sense Mal sharpening blades

Leave a comment:

Working...
X