• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did God makes aliens as well as humans?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    He'd better hope that one doesn't come to visit like Roy Batty did with Tyrrell...

"You have burned so very brightly Roy"...
    DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

As far as I know, no-one has gone to war over whether or not God exists, wars have been fought because neither side can agree on which God to worship?
    Neither atheists or agnostics try to enforce their views on others to the extent that they are prepared to kill for their belief, making them (apart from their belief) the most enlightened people in the world.
    What, like Stalin and Mao? And agnostics are the tossers who say "Well, I don't know whether God exists or not, and you CAN'T know either". And don't get me started on the religious nutters.

The original statement equated belief in God with believing in the tooth fairy or Santa. It remains an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Nobody has EVER gone to war over which tooth fairy brings money for teeth, or which santa claus brings the present.

Whether you believe in God, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus or the basic decency of Gordon Brown, or not, it doesn't change the stupidity and crassness of the original statement.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally Posted by original PM
    People don't fight wars over god or relegion they use it as an excuse to justify a war about resources and expansion

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Nobody has EVER used their belief in the tooth fairy or santa claus as justification for a war about resources and expansion.

As far as I know, no-one has gone to war over whether or not God exists, wars have been fought because neither side can agree on which God to worship?
    Neither atheists or agnostics try to enforce their views on others to the extent that they are prepared to kill for their belief, making them (apart from their belief) the most enlightened people in the world.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Oh and James Cameron made Aliens.
    Actually it was Swiss artist HR Giger who designed the Alien - and as such he must be seen as the creator.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Do little doggies go to heaven?
    Ohhhhhhhhhh yes. Though only ones who've been good.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Do little doggies go to heaven?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Silicon based lifeforms. What like Jordan's breasts. Are you telling me that half of the female population of Essex between 18 & 40 are walking about with aliens on their chest
    You wish

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Maybe silicon based lifeforms are made by a different "God". A silicon based God presumably.
    Silicon based lifeforms. What like Jordan's breasts. Are you telling me that half of the female population of Essex between 18 & 40 are walking about with aliens on their chest

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    How come you got to see his cock?
    It's a long story....if you pardon the pun!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Maybe at some future point, an organism evolves sufficiently to be able to travel back through time and "create" the conditions required for the big bang and everything that follows? Any maybe there is no beginning or end of time, simply a multi-jointed loop of matter and energy, creating the illusion of time? Maybe the organism, perhaps a distant descendent of someone alive today is the figure that we call God?
    What? Like Dave Lister?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    People don't fight wars over god or relegion they use it as an excuse to justify a war about resources and expansion.
    That is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Nobody has EVER used their belief in the tooth fairy or santa claus as justification for a war about resources and expansion.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    He was a miserable bastard, I met him a few times in the 80's at a studio I worker at in Manchester, what a cock.
    How come you got to see his cock?

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Maybe silicon based lifeforms are made by a different "God". A silicon based God presumably.

I think Tony B was more alien and as for Cherie, she looks like an extra from "V" but without the human skin.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Heaven knows, maybe you're Morrisey as well.
    He was a miserable bastard, I met him a few times in the 80's at a studio I worker at in Manchester, what a cock.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wot about the Horta?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X