• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: ONS Survey

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ONS Survey"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    She's getting on a bit, she may be a bit, you know... crusty?

dry

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    She always seems to find me! I've got to get over her somehow
    She's getting on a bit, she may be a bit, you know... crusty?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Hey Dodgy,

Do you have some special "Thatcher" filter or sommat? Maybe it's a bit like the one you use to download all the jobs off jobserve.
    She always seems to find me! I've got to get over her somehow

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Hey Dodgy,

Do you have some special "Thatcher" filter or sommat? Maybe it's a bit like the one you use to download all the jobs off jobserve.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I believe that, but I suspect that few politicians do. GB for example clearly works for his own moral vision, and we are a means of achieving that. This would be true of Thatcher too.
    She would not have been voted in if the UK hadnt wanted the Unions kicking

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I believe that, but I suspect that few politicians do. GB for example clearly works for his own moral vision, and we are a means of achieving that. This would be true of Thatcher too.
    Surely in the case of thatcher the market is the way of achieving that?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    It's time ALL governments realised that they work for us....not the other way round......

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    For Gordo, yes. He's a control freak with an insatiable urge to redistribute money as *he* thinks fit (or "target" it, as he'd say).

Just letting everyone keep more of their own money goes against all his leftie instincts and, incredible and incomprehensible as it seems to everyone except him, this applies even to the lowest paid.
    It's time ALL governments realised that they work for us....not the other way round......

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There was someone else going on about this in Business or Accounting within the last month or so...

I tried to find out if it was compulsory or not, but failed dismally.

Did these people turn up to your house?
    Yes, they turned up and grilled the missus about stuff she has no idea about.

This one was apparently not compulsory (ain't hindsight a bitch) but they don't tell you this before hand. The business ones are though IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    .. Surely the easiest way is to restore the 10% tax band? or is that just a little TOO simple?
    For Gordo, yes. He's a control freak with an insatiable urge to redistribute money as *he* thinks fit (or "target" it, as he'd say).

Just letting everyone keep more of their own money goes against all his leftie instincts and, incredible and incomprehensible as it seems to everyone except him, this applies even to the lowest paid.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    In regard to this removal of this 10% Tax band and GB's feeble attempt to recompense the people who lose by it.

Everyone who pays tax loses by it's removal - and why is he having such a hard time deciding how to compensate people?

Surely the easiest way is to restore the 10% tax band? or is that just a little TOO simple?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    IIRC I called them when I first received the request for info, and I seem to remember that you are obliged by law... usual disclaimers apply of course. I'm sure google will tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Anyone else had these muppets come around and stick their noses into your financial affairs? ..
    Anyone know if you're obliged to talk to them, or is it like those busibodies with clipboards trying to collar you in the street who you can just ignore you walk past?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Nail, head, squarely hit!
    Fair point
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Witness his approach to taxation.
    Which one? the one where he takes even more off poor people, or this week's reversal of ii?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The survey is being carried out in collaboration with a range of other government departments including the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the Department for Trade and Industry (DTI), Her Majesty's Treasury (HMT), the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and the Social Exclusion Unit (SEU).
    Where's the I'm fooked smiliey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X