• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Boxster S has got to go......"

Collapse

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Yeah, amazing VFM (in the states)
    Exactly VFM in the states.... not on treasure island UK.
    £54K nissan GET REAL!!! also delaying the UK launch has not helped them either or being ULTRA greedy by threatening to sue anyone who imports one early

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My 3 year old Japanese car (s2000) is worth 67% of what I paid for it. I can't think of many cars that beat that for residuals
    Same for my Type-R, 17k new and still going for 11-12k on Autotrader 3 years on, though the fact that people were unimpressed with the new one may have something to do with that.

You do have to work it hard to get the most out of it and maybe it does have a bit of a boy racer image but I bought it for myself as I wanted something that was cheap, fast, reliable and practical, I really don’t give a toss what other people think.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    Can't get youtube but I assume it's the nissan
    Gt-R whatever?
    Yeah, amazing VFM (in the states)

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    There is only 1 car to consider at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qMgeRD1ak8&feature=user
    Can't get youtube but I assume it's the nissan
    Gt-R whatever?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied

Shame it's so ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I wouldn't mind the RS4 but the new one isn't automatic. Instead I bought an Alpina B3 Biturbo which is faster than them all, better fuel economy, better CO2 emissions, more exclusive and more important, a fair bit cheaper. They called me last week to say they had started building it now...
    Ahhh a true petrol head I salute you sir on your perfect choice

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    M3 will be cheaper of the two RS4 still to expensive for me I'm afraid. I've driven the last model M3 and loved it so I'll put this in the maybe pile along with the SL's
    I wouldn't mind the RS4 but the new one isn't automatic. Instead I bought an Alpina B3 Biturbo which is faster than them all, better fuel economy, better CO2 emissions, more exclusive and more important, a fair bit cheaper. They called me last week to say they had started building it now...

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    It's ok sports fans I've found my new car.......

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/232695/

now I wonder if they'll take one of my lungs and my burd as a Part Ex

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Why does it have to go? You have a nice car there……

What about a nice sporty IS200? Reasonably priced and holds it value very nicely….
    Didn't take you long to turn into a proper permie, did it...

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Not really but I also didn't want a car worth nothing at the end, I almost bought a Z4 instead for the residuals, but it was duller and the build quality wasn't as good as the Honda. Since the BMW residuals have slipped as the build quality issues have surfaced.

Add the Range Rover and I might consider it. Having said that who wants one of those POS?

I'm actually considering going back to my pushbike this is the most I've ever lost on a car although to be fair my boxster is the original shape and since then there have been two facelifts which haven't helped much.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Ahhh but I bet you didn't buy it for it's residuals when you first bought it?
    Not really but I also didn't want a car worth nothing at the end, I almost bought a Z4 instead for the residuals, but it was duller and the build quality wasn't as good as the Honda. Since the BMW residuals have slipped as the build quality issues have surfaced.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'll give you a fiver for it.
    Add the Range Rover and I might consider it. Having said that I'd struggle to sell it on, who wants one of those POS? ;-)
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 May 2008, 11:03.

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    My 3 year old Japanese car (s2000) is worth 67% of what I paid for it. I can't think of many cars that beat that for residuals
    Ahhh but I bet you didn't buy it for it's residuals when you first bought it?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'll give you a fiver for it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X