• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pensions...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pensions..."

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    flip alone knows what Windsor fliping Life have achieved, since I haven't had a policy statement this year... I wouldn't be at all surprised if they actually went tits up & I lost the lot.
    I was mis-sold one of those pieces of carp too, luckily I've put no money into it for years. Now they belong to the ex. I'm happy that she now has my share of zip!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    I had to disagree with the association between Turion and BlasterBates although I started it first. What is less pleasant about Turion doom mongering I think is the feeling that he looks like secretly enjoying this and look down the others by making it explicit that this won't affect him at all. BB, on the other hand, gives you the feeling that he's worried about himself too and feels that he's falling down himself too.

Maybe... or maybe not...
    Thx Franco, a nice gloss

I'll pretend its true.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's settled I'm now definitely going to post lots more doom.

what are you going to do about it ?

Not read it.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Well no, obviously. But why do you keep banging on about doom and gloom? It's utterly tedious.
    I had to disagree with the association between Turion and BlasterBates although I started it first. What is less pleasant about Turion doom mongering I think is the feeling that he looks like secretly enjoying this and look down the others by making it explicit that this won't affect him at all. BB, on the other hand, gives you the feeling that he's worried about himself too and feels that he's falling down himself too.

Maybe... or maybe not...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Well no, obviously. But why do you keep banging on about doom and gloom? It's utterly tedious.
    That's settled I'm now definitely going to post lots more doom.

what are you going to do about it ?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    ...mm so have I understood this correctly...you read forums like this to decide on your investment strategy.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    And you have appointed yourself as the watchdog for all of us?

What qualifies you for this position exactly?

Everything you say is negative. If I'd listened to Jonahs like you I'd never have invested in anything.
    ...mm so have I understood this correctly...you read forums like this to decide on your investment strategy.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    You seem to miss the point don't you Bogey. The whole point is to warn people before they do f*** up. It isn't too late to rearrrange your finances. House prices are still high, but they might not be in about 3 years.
    And you have appointed yourself as the watchdog for all of us?

What qualifies you for this position exactly?

Everything you say is negative. If I'd listened to Jonahs like you I'd never have invested in anything.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You seem to miss the point don't you Bogey. The whole point is to warn people before they do f*** up. It isn't too late to rearrrange your finances. House prices are still high, but they might not be in about 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Good hope the damage isn't too severe.
    Somewhat uncharacteristic BB?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...ah yes and then you receive a letter, which says "sorry mate, I know we promised you X but due to wide boy City traders plundering our accounts unfortunatley we can now only promise you X - a huge sum of money.

Yup got one of them a while back.

Best thing is the final sentence, where they suggest you might put even more in.

Good hope the damage isn't too severe.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    zeit, we gotta get this satellite installation venture off the ground

Zeit and Milan, satellite tv installations for the rich and lazy

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...huh what happened ?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Looks like I'll be eating dog food.
    Cheap human beings will be always widely available..

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Pensions...

Pensions...

I'm doomed.

Standard Life:

National Mutual/GE Pensions/Windsor Life:

Looks like I'll be eating dog food.

Working...
X