• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B, 2008 off to a V. good start"

Collapse

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    How do you get insurance?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Sounds like you made it to where you needed to be.
    Considering I do not know you I could not help but worry that you were OK during all this.

Congrats and I hope this all works out for you. Will you be doing book signings and stuff when you are famous? Will you remember your friends at CUK?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    FYI, I managed to get into the eye of Ike on Galviston Island - The town of Galvistion took a real battering from this storm - I will post some pictures up tomorrow.

However I am glad to report that I am now off the Island, heading back to the UK on a flight from Houston airport.

So whats been happining since I have been away ??
    I can't help thinking that there would be a wonderful irony if, returning from one of your trips, you discovered that your own home had been wrecked by a freak tornado while you were away

Good to know you had fun and survived it

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Glad to hear you're OK you nutter.

It's been quite nice and sunny here. You wouldn't have liked it.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    FYI, I managed to get into the eye of Ike on Galviston Island - The town of Galvistion took a real battering from this storm - I will post some pictures up tomorrow.

However I am glad to report that I am now off the Island, heading back to the UK on a flight from Houston airport.

So whats been happining since I have been away ??

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Hurricane Ike will make landfall on the South East Texas coastline on Saturday as a very strong and powerfull hurricane - indeed if you belive the models then this will be an "Historic" event.

Right now I smell the wiff of video and news sales so I am rushing to get to Houston for Tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    will be really bad for Miami
    If you see Dexter there say hi...

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Here we go again...

Weather forecasting models are now taking Hurricane Ike right over Miami on Tuesday as a CAT3/4 storm - if this comes to pass then is will be really bad for Miami - right now ... I fly out to intercept on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Congrats!

Keep it safe though, eh?
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Congrats!

Keep it safe though, eh?

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    FYI Some video from the Eye on Hurricane Gustav that we shot can be found here. I am the Guy taking the wind measurment in Vid 2

http://www.stormchase.net/2008/20080901gus.htm

Gustav was a baby - the real deal (for the USA) will be the "I" storm Ike in about a weeks time - perhaps Florida.

Ike is current a CAT4 hurricane spining away in the Atlantic - moving ever West.

I will be flying out over the weekend in order to intercept - more Video sales - heck I will make more money this Month out of weather than C# - Result.

Also... I did quite well with Sky news - the storm tracker that they ran in the corner of the TV display was my live streaming Web cam!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Yes, He's doing sock rental and pot noodle sales on CUK
    I was thinking more in terms of running away at high velocity

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Got a plan 'C' ready in case plan B works out?
    Yes, He's doing sock rental and pot noodle sales on CUK

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Plan B, 2008 off to a V. good start
    Got a plan 'C' ready in case plan B works out?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Plan B time again. This time it is Hurricane Gustav somewhere of the North Gulf of Mexico coast. I fly to Houston on Saturday.

for those that may be interested? I have a live streaming webcam with me

http://www.stormtrack.co.uk/gps
    Bookmarked you and awaiting extreme close-ups

Leave a comment:

Working...
X