• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stop a guy getting mugged yesterday!"

Collapse

• up4it
    replied
    SpaceCadet: You should not be under the influence of mind altering drugs whilst at work!!!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I was thinking that. Are you thinking HRH?
    Oh yes.

<Clippy in nodding Churchill mode>.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Are you in Manchester?
    I was thinking that. Are you thinking HRH?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Was the Sex change op expensive?
    Are you thinking of getting one?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Funny that. I was walking with my mate yesterday when we saw this geeky looking, small, skinny guy with lanky, greasy gair in a phone box. The dirty git was touching himself vigorously. My mate had to restrain me from lamping him one. Anyway we went round the corner and met another mate who owed me money. Imagine my surprise when the skinny perv followed us round the corner, bleating something I couldn't quite make out in his whiny voice. When I looked at him, he ran away with a funny knock-kneed running gait.

one of your best yet

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Nice and cheap for your 'sensible' lifestyle.
    Was the Sex change op expensive?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by up4it View Post
    I wouldn't mind but there a CCTV cameras everywhere in this town and where the hell where the Police!

Those CCTV cameras are a waste of time!
    CCTV camers are for catching perps afterwards, not for direct prevention.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Funny that. I was walking with my mate yesterday when we saw this geeky looking, small, skinny guy with lanky, greasy gair in a phone box. The dirty git was touching himself vigorously. My mate had to restrain me from lamping him one. Anyway we went round the corner and met another mate who owed me money. Imagine my surprise when the skinny perv followed us round the corner, bleating something I couldn't quite make out in his whiny voice. When I looked at him, he ran away with a funny knock-kneed running gait.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    You can't take it with you.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    In London I'm surprised that they haven't sold them off as studio flats

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I had to use one a bit ago when my phone got nicked. 40p to make a call home in a cubicle that stinks of wee and is probably a hotbed for many never before seen diseases.

In London I'm surprised that they haven't sold them off as studio flats

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Iknow it is totally obscene but I was in the public phone-box to make a phone-call!
    Come off it. You were just lurking in there waiting to spring out and deal vigilante justice upon whoever you thought deserved it.

I don't think the army or police would have you, but have you considered being a CSO?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I had to use one a bit ago when my phone got nicked. 40p to make a call home in a cubicle that stinks of wee and is probably a hotbed for many never before seen diseases.

Leave a comment:

• up4it
    replied
    Iknow it is totally obscene but I was in the public phone-box to make a phone-call!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I was using a public phone-box in the town-centre and two lads were going by as I went in. One was going for me and the other was holding him back. I to hold to **** off and they did.

But they only got round the corner before they attacked someone else. So i told the wife on the phone I wouldn't be a minute.

Went around the corner and they were laying into a guy demanding money. So I shouted for them to get off him and they promptly did. As I am fit, strong & pretty big!

I would have punched their lights out right at the start but I wasn't 100% sure whether they knew the guy or not.

The victim cleared off without any thanks!
    that was a silly thing to do. expect to be arrested for assault very soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X