• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop a guy getting mugged yesterday!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    You were doing what?

Why didn't you just use your mobile?
    He was having a wee.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Where else would you change if you were Superman

I've used revolving doors for that before
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
        I was using a public phone-box in the town-centre and two lads were going by as I went in. One was going for me and the other was holding him back. I to hold to **** off and they did.

But they only got round the corner before they attacked someone else. So i told the wife on the phone I wouldn't be a minute.

Went around the corner and they were laying into a guy demanding money. So I shouted for them to get off him and they promptly did. As I am fit, strong & pretty big!

I would have punched their lights out right at the start but I wasn't 100% sure whether they knew the guy or not.

The victim cleared off without any thanks!
        that was a silly thing to do. expect to be arrested for assault very soon.

Comment

Iknow it is totally obscene but I was in the public phone-box to make a phone-call!

Comment

I had to use one a bit ago when my phone got nicked. 40p to make a call home in a cubicle that stinks of wee and is probably a hotbed for many never before seen diseases.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
              Iknow it is totally obscene but I was in the public phone-box to make a phone-call!
              Come off it. You were just lurking in there waiting to spring out and deal vigilante justice upon whoever you thought deserved it.

I don't think the army or police would have you, but have you considered being a CSO?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I had to use one a bit ago when my phone got nicked. 40p to make a call home in a cubicle that stinks of wee and is probably a hotbed for many never before seen diseases.

In London I'm surprised that they haven't sold them off as studio flats
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  In London I'm surprised that they haven't sold them off as studio flats
                  Nice and cheap for your 'sensible' lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    Nice and cheap for your 'sensible' lifestyle.
                    You can't take it with you.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Funny that. I was walking with my mate yesterday when we saw this geeky looking, small, skinny guy with lanky, greasy gair in a phone box. The dirty git was touching himself vigorously. My mate had to restrain me from lamping him one. Anyway we went round the corner and met another mate who owed me money. Imagine my surprise when the skinny perv followed us round the corner, bleating something I couldn't quite make out in his whiny voice. When I looked at him, he ran away with a funny knock-kneed running gait.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X