• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That West Country Bank Manager Hobbit from The Apprentice"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    What kind of 'bank' does he manage?

A sperm 'bank'
    Same as me until I got fired for drinking on the job.

CaptainJack

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Accent

He was the one who wanted "the aliens are coming" greeting card. He seems borderline retarded.
    Did he? I didn't see last night's episode as I watching the footie. Fair enough, if he did say it, not so brilliant now.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    What kind of 'bank' does he manage?

A sperm 'bank'

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    He doesn't. His fee goes to Great Ormond St Hospital. Good man.
    That's good. I think he's a fundamentally decent sort of bloke even though he has relentlessly created an endless series of crap products.

He could have been Dell if he'd done the PC stuff right. But it always has to be 'bottom line first' with Sugar, resulting in scant R&D and shoddy products with dodgy features.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Repeated for emphasis; he's an agent.

Also on the pub food challenge a few weeks back he asked the other team members how label (of some other really simple word) was spelt.

Total anus.

HTH
    Accent

He was the one who wanted "the aliens are coming" greeting card. He seems borderline retarded.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Perhaps Puss, but I'd take pretentious over obnoxious any day of the week.

I wonder how much Surralan gets paid for this charade.

Surely, if he has any sense, he'd be think to himself "I wouldn't really want to hire ANY vainglorious twat that actually WANTS to be in this show".

Well they don't last very long in some minor section of his company. Sugar has an apprentice in his son anyway.

This years bunch have to be the least likeable of all candidates, the ones we have loved to hate in the past did have some redeeming features, Trey, Badger, Syed,Paul, while obnoxious were also funny, intentionally or otherwise. This years lot have become more aware of the working of the machine, whenever that happens with reality TV the game is over.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied

He doesn't. His fee goes to Great Ormond St Hospital. Good man.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post

Also on the pub food challenge a few weeks back he asked the other team members how label (of some other really simple word) was spelt.

Total anus.

HTH

What about the apostrophe bit on last night's show

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He's a pretentious twat amongst obnoxious ones.
    Perhaps Puss, but I'd take pretentious over obnoxious any day of the week.

Surely, if he has any sense, he'd be think to himself "I wouldn't really want to hire ANY vainglorious twat that actually WANTS to be in this show".

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Why, what's wrong with him? He's not a ponce, or a backstabber. He's straight as an arrow, someone you'd want on your side. And he can scare people. Ideal PM material.

Total anus.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Really? I think he's starting to look like Noel Coward.

All he does in the tasks is take up a position of the periphery and keep his head down. As for the spoken word being his tool, maybe he means in the spoken word he'd be called a tool. Captive audience not captivated audience!
    He's a pretentious twat amongst obnoxious ones.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Lee - potential winner?

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I don't know, but everytime I see or hear this guy speak I want to punch him...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/cand...ontestant.html

Don't think you can reach to punch him (He's over 6 ft).
    Why, what's wrong with him? He's not a ponce, or a backstabber. He's straight as an arrow, someone you'd want on your side. And he can scare people. Ideal PM material.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Agree that Raef (the spoken word is his tool) has improved over the series from coming across as a ponce initially and is starting to look like a possible winner.
    Really? I think he's starting to look like Noel Coward.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    That's because he used to be a pimp!
    Ah, the old hairs on the palms of my hands were starting to tingle... that's why...

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I don't know, but everytime I see or hear this guy speak I want to punch him...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/cand...ontestant.html
    That's because he used to be a pimp!

Agree that Raef (the spoken word is his tool) has improved over the series from coming across as a ponce initially and is starting to look like a possible winner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X