• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That West Country Bank Manager Hobbit from The Apprentice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I don't know, but everytime I see or hear this guy speak I want to punch him...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/cand...ontestant.html
    That's because he used to be a pimp!

Agree that Raef (the spoken word is his tool) has improved over the series from coming across as a ponce initially and is starting to look like a possible winner.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      That's because he used to be a pimp!
      Ah, the old hairs on the palms of my hands were starting to tingle... that's why...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Agree that Raef (the spoken word is his tool) has improved over the series from coming across as a ponce initially and is starting to look like a possible winner.
        Really? I think he's starting to look like Noel Coward.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Lee - potential winner?

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          I don't know, but everytime I see or hear this guy speak I want to punch him...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/cand...ontestant.html

Don't think you can reach to punch him (He's over 6 ft).
          Why, what's wrong with him? He's not a ponce, or a backstabber. He's straight as an arrow, someone you'd want on your side. And he can scare people. Ideal PM material.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Really? I think he's starting to look like Noel Coward.

All he does in the tasks is take up a position of the periphery and keep his head down. As for the spoken word being his tool, maybe he means in the spoken word he'd be called a tool. Captive audience not captivated audience!
            He's a pretentious twat amongst obnoxious ones.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
              Why, what's wrong with him? He's not a ponce, or a backstabber. He's straight as an arrow, someone you'd want on your side. And he can scare people. Ideal PM material.
              Repeated for emphasis; he's an agent.

Also on the pub food challenge a few weeks back he asked the other team members how label (of some other really simple word) was spelt.

Total anus.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                He's a pretentious twat amongst obnoxious ones.
                Perhaps Puss, but I'd take pretentious over obnoxious any day of the week.

I wonder how much Surralan gets paid for this charade.

Surely, if he has any sense, he'd be think to himself "I wouldn't really want to hire ANY vainglorious twat that actually WANTS to be in this show".

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                  Repeated for emphasis; he's an agent.

Also on the pub food challenge a few weeks back he asked the other team members how label (of some other really simple word) was spelt.

Total anus.

HTH

What about the apostrophe bit on last night's show

Comment

He doesn't. His fee goes to Great Ormond St Hospital. Good man.

Comment

Perhaps Puss, but I'd take pretentious over obnoxious any day of the week.

Surely, if he has any sense, he'd be think to himself "I wouldn't really want to hire ANY vainglorious twat that actually WANTS to be in this show".

Well they don't last very long in some minor section of his company. Sugar has an apprentice in his son anyway.

This years bunch have to be the least likeable of all candidates, the ones we have loved to hate in the past did have some redeeming features, Trey, Badger, Syed,Paul, while obnoxious were also funny, intentionally or otherwise. This years lot have become more aware of the working of the machine, whenever that happens with reality TV the game is over.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X