• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mayor of London

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mayor of London"

Collapse

• Ruprect
    replied
    Did one of you Shysters build the Londonelects web site? its been down for 2 days now...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Boris was my MP before I moved. Never had a problem with him. Yeah, sometimes he comes across as a buffoon but Red Ken is a coont - end of...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Red Ken is a coont - end of...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Boris was my MP before I moved. Never had a problem with him. Yeah, sometimes he comes across as a buffoon but Red Ken is a coont - end of...

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    To paraphrase - I wouldn't trust Boris to operate a mop. I wouldn't trust Boris to run Trumpton. I wouldn't trust Boris to help me cross the road. I wouldn't trust him to run me a bath. etc etc. Maybe in the home coutnies, maybe a minor cabinet post - but not a major financial capital, multicultural city etc etc.
    Ken said the biggest thing Boris had over organised was a staff lunch at The Spectator. Mathew Parris said in The Times that that was ridiculous: his secretary would have organised it. I suspect Boris would have been having a good day if he remembered to go to it.

I will be voting for Boris. So will the two scaffolders who where working outside my window the day he announced he was running.

Hopefully Cameron will put in suitable people to actually job, and Boris will go back to being funny, once the dangers of humour while campaigning are behind him.

I've an instinctive dislike of Ken, yet in terms of delivery I'd have to give him 9 out of 10 for the congestion charge alone. (I would have given him 10 if he'd done better on some minor details and not tried to narrow the roads and lengthen red lights.)

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    having watched the debate I'm still unconvinced by boris. I don't think that will matter however as I think he's going to win anyway....

Personally I don't really mind what ken's done for London, but want to stick fingers up at Gordon during these elections... but it does seem like cutting off nose to spite face.

Tricky...and still undecided.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Mr O'Connor is best known as the founder and spokesman for the campaigning group Fathers 4 Justice
    Oh stunning !

So he siphons off votes which could have gone to a Ken-Contender who did have the willpower to stay the course, thus letting Ken win by default !

Bravo that man !

Anyone smell a conspiracy ?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    BTW Matt O'Connor has pulled out. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7366662.stm

I've voted already.

I've not voted for Boris as seeing him in debates confirmed he is an idiot and having him represent London on the international stage makes me shudder.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Aye MM and that speaks volumes in itself...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Since the City is about business first, why don't we have a proper businessman like Sir Alan Sugar as Mayor ?
    That would be nice, unfortunately most successful business people make the decision to stay well out of politics.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You're losing it Lucy, calm down dear!
    Don't call me dear!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You're losing it Lucy, calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Since the City is about business first, why don't we have a proper businessman like Sir Alan Sugar as Mayor ?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Lucy I already posted it, keep up!
    My link is to where it was posted on here by someone else about a week ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Lucy I already posted it, keep up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X