• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who's had the most broken bones on this site?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Other DIY jobs include removing a couple of moles with a wire cutter (sharp pliers). This works a treat.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I once banged my shin bone (tibia) when my foot slipped getting out of the pool. Judging from the sound I thought this could be bad news, but all I got was a lump. I showed the doc who said it would be fine, but the lump got bigger and more painful, so I stuck a needle in it. I had an impressive geyser of clear liquid and that more or less sorted it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I once banged my shin bone (tibia) when my foot slipped getting out of the pool. Judging from the sound I thought this could be bad news, but all I got was a lump. I showed the doc who said it would be fine, but the lump got bigger and more painful, so I stuck a needle in it. I had an impressive geyser of clear liquid and that more or less sorted it.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    When I broke my leg it was during a rugby game... I was gang tackled and twisted it a bit. It hurt a wee bit. I had hairline fractred the fibia. But I had a date that night and you are supposed to walk off injuries.. so I got up and put my wieght on it to see if I could carry on....

...of course as I had hairline fractured the Fibia.. and then I put my weight on it... I promptly sunk 2 inches.. compound fracturing both tibia and fibia and they both went in opposite directions and blood pissed everywhere as a the bone came out fo my leg front and back... ended up in a toe to groin cast for 5 months.

You cant walk off a broken leg is the lesson I learnt...

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    well,

-doctors broke and reset my legs in 4 seperate places shortly after birth
    -broke my finger chasing a girl into the toilets in junior school, the witch slammed the door shut
    -cut off my middle finger after trying to sit on a concrete garden ornamental toadstool, the top came off, i tried to catch it, an 8 yr old doesnt have much chance with a 1.5mx0.5m toadstool shaped block of concrete, luckily some micro-surgeon was visiting the town i lived in for a conference, was woken up and sowed it back on, now fully working and everything
    -cracked my skull on a metal post, there were 2 posts shaped like pq placed there to slow cyclists down, being 10 I simply ducked my head below the handlebars and zoomed underneath, until i didnt duck enough one day
    -cracked a rib with my own fist last year while snowboarding, it was a white out and I was on a black run, the day after i misjudged a turn and gave myself concussion.. eventful trip
    -cracked another rib unknowingly 2 years ago which resulted in my lung being punctured and thus re-inflated twice, I still walked the 2 miles to work though using 1 lung, i thought i had a cold coming and thats why i was out of breath

i think thats about it i think, 9 breaks.. do i win?

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Broke a toe (opposite foot) falling down the stairs when in plaster cast for the above. - Basically I used my crutches to come down the stairs but they acted as a pivot so I went from the top stair to the bottom in one go. Hit the wall and landed like sack of tulip.
    I'm sorry but

Thats the funniest!!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    cracked rib,

broken big toe left foot.

Broken middle toes left foot, broken little toe left foot.

Dislocated middle finger left hand

all down to martial arts.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Nose every week or so playing rugby, ankle playing football, toes playing cricket. Never felt better since I packed it all in and got fat and fit.

Forgot ribs playing rugby, defo the most painful, my career didn't last long after that.
    Last edited by rootsnall; 24 April 2008, 09:34.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I've never had a broken bone!! I've had a bent one, but never a broken one.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oooh, let me see, broken my nose 14 times, the 2 middle fingers on both hands numerous times, big toe on right foot was left as a red smear on a road once. Broke my right leg in numerous places and had it cut off, beat that!
    I had a veruca once.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oooh, let me see, broken my nose 14 times, the 2 middle fingers on both hands numerous times, big toe on right foot was left as a red smear on a road once. Broke my right leg in numerous places and had it cut off, beat that!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Working in a sand warehouse, thought I'd take a short cut off a raised platform by hitching a lift on the forks of a forklift.

Unfortunately, being behind a ton of sand bags on a pallet already on the forks, the driver didn't see me (or perhaps he *did* see me , although he swore he hadn't ) and spun the forklift round like a top.

I automatically grabbed a sandbag, to prevent myself flying off, but did anyway and dropped six feet, landing on one foot, holding a hundredweight sandbag.

Not sure if I broke anything, but my ankle swelled up slightly and hurt like hell and I was hobbling around for a month. I didn't go to the doctor though, because there's sod all they can do in a situation like that, and I hate queueing and all their stupid questions and forms anyway.

The same ankle still aches occasionally in damp weather.

Leave a comment:

• test please delete
    replied
    I have no bones to break. I'm a forum thread you see.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    SA - why doesn't that suprise me

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X