• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seat on bench not required."

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Nice one VM

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Not quite.

Who in their right mind would turn down a contract now?

Me. This week.

Time-off required. I'm in no rush to accept another contract and there is a veritable plethora of PM stuff out there.
    Good move. I just took a contract I didn't want and am regretting it at least every 5 minutes. I've always been good at knocking back work and used to laugh at the ones who couldn't. Since having kids I've lost the ability to do it. I need a break

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This is why there are no jobs. I have all of them.
    Not quite.

Who in their right mind would turn down a contract now?

Me. This week.

Time-off required. I'm in no rush to accept another contract and there is a veritable plethora of PM stuff out there.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Uh oh! Decisions decisions!!!
    Not really - time for a change. Nice to have a back up though.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Uh oh! Decisions decisions!!!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Having assured me there was no chance of extension, current ClientCo have just offered me an extension.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Wts, Jwd!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Wot we like to hear. Credit crunch ? Wot credit crunch ?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    started a topic Seat on bench not required.

Seat on bench not required.

It seems I've walked into another gig without even having to try, thanks to somebody recommending me to a friend. It goes to show how much building a reputation counts.

Working...
X