• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: HRH any tips ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HRH any tips ?"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Don't knock him - he's a high-minded entrepreneur.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Most people, body builders apart, have enough fat to keep the body going during exercise (fat converts to carbs for energy). Body builders eat protein for the protein (i.e. to make their muscles bigger) not for the energy (which is why we need carbs).

So who's the muppet?
    Not if you are going for a pure cardio workout it doesn't. Your body can't convert the fat fast enough which leads to the body feeding on it's own muscle once food stores have diminished (ever heard of marathon runners hitting the wall, this is where their body runs out of food and can't burn fat fast enough so is starts to feed off its own muscle). You need to keep a low heart rate and not perform too strenuous an exercise regime for fat burn. Protein will build the muscle, but carbs bulk the muscle, without the carbs you won't become huge.

With no carbs and no protein there is nothing for your body to use to build the muscle, HRH's suggested diet will not provide you with what you need to build muscle and get that buff looking body that you always dreamed of. You will loose weight but you'll probably end up feeling tired and drained a lot of the time.

Also remember that too little food knocks your body into starvation mode where it does its best to build up fat reserves when you do eat.

If you are changing your diet to loose weight and are thinking of exercising as well get a professional to show you how to balance your nutritional intake, it's far better than guessing by yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Too right! Plus I never said I wanted to be/was huge I just want to be a well defined Tosser.
    You're well on your way son.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Most people, body builders apart, have enough fat to keep the body going during exercise (fat converts to carbs for energy). Body builders eat protein for the protein (i.e. to make their muscles bigger) not for the energy (which is why we need carbs).

So who's the muppet?

Too right! Plus I never said I wanted to be/was huge I just want to be well defined and fit. Tosser.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    If your body does not have enough food to burn while you are exercising it will start eating muscle instead, this sort of flips up muscle growth (shock horror).

There is a reason why body builders each so much protein you know....

Muppet

So who's the muppet?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    You are true star... Cheers.

I'm ready to dedicate myself to the cheese and bread diet.... I've already achieved so much in the past 2/3 years and I've needed that little push/guidance/encouragement that you have just given me.

One day Rodney, one day....
    I'm on a whisky diet, I've lost 10 days already.

© Tommy Coooper

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Hell no, it must be Philidelphia LIGHT and weight watchers bread, thats the secret, it fills you up but is very low in fat.

No. Monster Munch are not on HRH's 'help yourself list' they are too high in fat and chemicals.

Yes if you do 3x 30 abdominal crunches per day and keep this up in conjunction with the diet. I can't tell you when you will see this as it depends on your body fat and starting weight but you WILL get there.

Good luck. You have the spirit to achieve your goals and remember I'm here to help you. I'll PM you my mobile number and it will be kept on 24/7 if you meet any temptations or decide to up the ante along the way. Remember this is the first day of the rest of your life.
    You are true star... Cheers.

I'm ready to dedicate myself to the cheese and bread diet.... I've already achieved so much in the past 2/3 years and I've needed that little push/guidance/encouragement that you have just given me.

One day Rodney, one day....

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    will dairy lea do ? what about crisp bread ?
    Hell no, it must be Philidelphia LIGHT and weight watchers bread, thats the secret, it fills you up but is very low in fat.

Can I have monster munch crisps - they are a corn bases snack ?
    No. Monster Munch are not on HRH's 'help yourself list' they are too high in fat and chemicals.

Will the above get me the 6 pack that I strive for ?
    Yes if you do 3x 30 abdominal crunches per day and keep this up in conjunction with the diet. I can't tell you when you will see this as it depends on your body fat and starting weight but you WILL get there.

I enjoyed the response and I'll take it all on board and hopefully I will grade with honors
    Good luck. You have the spirit to achieve your goals and remember I'm here to help you. I'll PM you my mobile number and it will be kept on 24/7 if you meet any temptations or decide to up the ante along the way. Remember this is the first day of the rest of your life.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Yes it is SAS. HRH is clearly trolling, and is no doubt someones sock-puppet.

He's a fair troll, but not a top-drawer one.

Quite boring on the whole
    Indeed. Wilmslow is no good either. What happened to the glory days of David Contractor Junior and Chico. They put some effort into their personas.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This is boring chaps. It's like slapping a wet, dead fish.
    Yes it is SAS. HRH is clearly trolling, and is no doubt someones sock-puppet.

He's a fair troll, but not a top-drawer one.

Quite boring on the whole

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    You read More magazine? Isn't that like Heat?
    Worse it's aimed at teenage girls It hink I used to read it when I was about 13

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    He is so fat, you know who he sat next to at school?

Everyone.

Joke courtesy of the internet, circa 1997.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    you could grate cheese on my abs.

If you are really living off a slice of bread and cream cheese twice a day with a small 'sensible' dinner at the end of the day you won't be able to exercise enough to have those cheese grating abs.

If your body does not have enough food to burn while you are exercising it will start eating muscle instead, this sort of fecks up muscle growth (shock horror).

There is a reason why body builders each so much protein you know....

Muppet

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Will the above get me the 6 pack that I strive for ?

From reading the above, it sounds like you must be half way there
    have a party barrel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X