• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DBA careers feedback"

Collapse

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    So what can we deduce so far?

A "penchant for giving pilots oral sex" must a euphemism for a "tendency to pester pilots for hints on aeronautics". Lucy, if that's true it would be easier to read the flight manuals or go on a flying course yourself.
    Yes, and if you're dating someone from the royal family it will only take you 13 weeks as opposed to 13 months.....

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    So what can we deduce so far?

A "penchant for giving pilots oral sex" must a euphemism for a "tendency to pester pilots for hints on aeronautics". Lucy, if that's true it would be easier to read the flight manuals or go on a flying course yourself.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Osmosis? Is that like sucking?
    yes, exactly like sucking

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I have great admiration for people who can absorb knowledge by osmosis!
    Osmosis? Is that like sucking?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Do tell us more.
    1. Would the pilots include anyone on this board with a pilot's licence?
    2. Come to think of it, didn't you at some point mention having a pilot's licence?
    3. P.S. I don't understand why a few people around here seem to have it in for Lucy. She seems reasonable to me, and pretty witty at times. And I liked that crack about sasguru's winnebego - It had the ring of truth :
    1. Not to the best of my knowledge.
    2. Yes, I do have a PPL.
    3. I don't have it in for her, on the contrary, I have great admiration for people who can absorb knowledge by osmosis!

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Not if your counsellor is a gender confused cry-baby with a penchant for giving pilots oral sex.

Hth.
    Do tell us more.

Would the pilots include anyone on this board with a pilot's licence?

Come to think of it, didn't you at some point mention having a pilot's licence?

P.S. I don't understand why a few people around here seem to have it in for Lucy. She seems reasonable to me, and pretty witty at times. And I liked that crack about sasguru's winnebego - It had the ring of truth :

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I was a DBA, the most boring job in the world. Keep getting asked to make skanky badly written code work by skanky dumbarse programmers.

Tell the kids to avoid IT because it will all be offshored soon, counselling is a better career.
    Not if your counsellor is a gender confused cry-baby with a penchant for giving pilots oral sex.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    I was a DBA, the most boring job in the world. Keep getting asked to make skanky badly written code work by skanky dumbarse programmers.

Tell the kids to avoid IT because it will all be offshored soon, counselling is a better career.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Winston,

less of it,

used to be a developer b4 I blagged me way into .Net

How's the new A3 ?

Milan.
    Over used!

Btw, it's the A14.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Winston,

less of it,

used to be a developer b4 I blagged me way into .Net

How's the new A3 ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Who the **** asked you?

I thought you were a "SAP" fanny!
    Tape changer

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    How is it that DBA's think they understand the application better than development architects and insist that they can do a better db design for applications than the developer architects ?

DBA's should just shutup and do what they are told - end of.

Milan.
    Who the **** asked you?

I thought you were a "SAP" fanny!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    How is it that DBA's think they understand the application better than development architects and insist that they can do a better db design for applications than the developer architects ?

DBA's should just shutup and do what they are told - end of.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I tend to agree, that's why I thought the thread title was "DBA carers feedback" when I first looked.
    Now I think that should be a career. Caring for the sad, broken unfortunates who fate has decreed should be DBAs.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    'The range of salaries depends on the industry and location. Rates tend to be higher in London and the South East
    and lower in rural areas.'

DBA roles in rural areas ? lol. This definately needs a rewrite matey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X