• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accomodation for Rebecca"

Collapse

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    well I do rob the rich (GB) to give to the poor (me)
    so more Robin Hood than NK, I reckon

I used to live in Nottingham you know

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Let's face it. Rebecca is the new-zealand version of Ned Kelly.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Grossly unfair IMO
    One bullet in the chamber. Let fate decide the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Gromit, it is relevant. I can fly off and the IR cannot touch my stuff
    Yes it was the EBT
    Oh well
    New scheme in place now, even better if anything. I am just peeved at that backdating thing. Grossly unfair IMO

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    There are only two options.
    1) Bottle of Jack, hose from the exhaust to the car interior, Joy Division on the radio, wait for sweet oblivion to kiss away the tears.
    2) New life in a cabin in Siberia. Marry Svetlana, hunt rabbits, pray to God for forgiveness each night.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Just leg it, our tax lot will never catch up with you !

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    I have nothing to risk (it's all out of the country)

I think you'll find that's irrelevant. If the IR decide you owe them money they will expect you to bring it back in. And charge you interest while they are waiting.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    So are we talking about this EBT ruling ... or something else?

tim

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied

Thanks bro!

The funny thing is that the 8% tax (it's not 3% - yet. Working on it tho' ) scheme is legal (well, still legal as we speak). It's the one I was on last year. But with this retroactivity, I may be chased?! I have nothing to risk (it's all out of the country) but something in me tells me it's grossly unfair! And not just for me, but for other users of the scheme, which was legal when it was used!
    Last edited by Rebecca Loos; 21 July 2005, 15:22. Reason: spelling?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Accomodation for Rebecca

Accomodation for Rebecca

In view of the fact that Rebecca has moved from "legally" paying 3% tax a year, to someone who is...ahem... on the wrong the side of the law I thought it might be interesting to review possible alternatives for her...

Accomodation for Rebcca

Working...
X