• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Argh, No!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Argh, No!"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    and thus a benefit in kind - Wilmslow, as well as being at the company's beck and call 24-7, you'll be paying a big wad of tax for the privilege of using that phone.

What a mupp
    Oh and you know this for a fact do you? Phones are not classed as a bik - I had a phone from a client for 2 years with one contract and it never touched my tax bill. So all the while I got free phone calls with no bills while you were presumably getting bills for your phone. I think that makes you more of a muppet then me.

As for being at the company's beck and call 24-7, what a crock. All phones come with an on/off function so that you can turn them off and on. So if you turn it off they cannot use it to call you. Simple but obviously a concept you struggle to deal with.

Wrong on both counts then. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    What is the problem with a company mobile

Mobile indicate who is ringing so you can decide if you want to pick it up

Compan y Mobile = free phone calls
    And a clear proof that you are able to telecommute since they can reach you anywhere and you can work anywhere.

Think of these things as swords. You need to handle them from the right size and hurt or you get hurt by them.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Great attitude, bet you're going to win employee of the year!
    Gave yourself away there, HRH - how could a contractor win employee of the year from a client?

HRH

is a permy

and I claim

my £5

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    question 6 - what car do you drive?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    (e) say 'nice wanger'

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Question 3 - If I told you I was a hapless, shambling buffoon, evidenced by my asking inane questions on a contractor message board all day, would you still respect me?
    Question 4 - Assume the following situation. You live in a cul-de-sac with nightmare Eastern European neighbours who park inconsiderately by partially blocking your drive. How would you solve this so that the foreigners know who's da boss?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    (c) Run home and tell Mummy ?
    (d) Tell the offender to get their coat because they've pulled ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    question 4 - if you were in the gents and someone peed on your shoes would you

(a) thump them
    (b) whine about it on some internet forum

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Another day, another post from CUK's premier hapless, shambling buffoon.

I must admit, I'm starting to wonder if this "Wilmslow" character is a male version of Bridget Jones, but with giant stained Y-fronts instead.

Oh no.

"Wilslow's Y-fronts", a sitcom coming to DAVE soon....

<canned laughter>

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    question 1 - can you give an example of where you have bribed the interviewer to get the job?
    Question 3 - If I told you I was a hapless, shambling buffoon, evidenced by my asking inane questions on a contractor message board all day, would you still respect me?
    Last edited by Xenophon; 11 April 2008, 11:12. Reason: OK, I'll make it question 3 then. :)

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Question 2: I have a complete inability to make decisions, therefore the decision whether or not to hire you will be taken by members of the CUK forum... Is this ok?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Spooky - I may be interviewing somebody in Bradford for a permie post at 3pm this afternoon. Surely not??
    question 1 - can you give an example of where you have bribed the interviewer to get the job?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
    I've got a permie interview in Bradford...I could be working with Wilmslow
    Spooky - I may be interviewing somebody in Bradford for a permie post at 3pm this afternoon. Surely not??

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Language TIMOTHY

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Wilmslow - you are Ronnie Corbett in Sorry and I claim my £5 of PAYE income

Leave a comment:

Working...
X