• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parasol Increases Admin Fee (Again)"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    I also happen to think Parasol are quite a good profesional company but just a touch inflexible.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Plus - doesn't anyone else have a sense of pride of running your own company etc?
    Nope - it's a pain. If I'd wanted to run a company, I would have become a manager.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    I think, compared to other countries it's very easy to set up and run your own LTd in UK, but if it's your first contract, you shouldn't distract yourself with things like application for flatrate scheme etc
    WHS.

Accountant is cheaper per month than this thing.

Plus - doesn't anyone else have a sense of pride of running your own company etc?

This would not have happened under Tories

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    I'm no longer with Parasol, but despite the now high fees I have nothing but praise for them - it's a very good place to start contracting and even now, over a year since I left, I requested a document a P45, I think and got it in less than 24hrs.

I think, compared to other countries it's very easy to set up and run your own LTd in UK, but if it's your first contract, you shouldn't distract yourself with things like application for flatrate scheme etc

Another scenario where I would still recommend Parasol is when you have only occasional contracts and your income isn't too high - not worth the hassle to run your own LTd in such cases..

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    95 quid!

Way too much.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Ask them how, when they charge a weekly or monthly fee they can charge you an extra fee for not processing a weekly or monthly payment......

won't get you anywhere but worth a pop.

Leave a comment:

• mv5869
    replied
    Parasol fees excessive

I finished my contract recently and got a small bonus (£250).

Parasol wont pay it out unless I resubmit the whole two weeks timesheet, which will cost me another £55. That seems a but unreasonable but is there anything i can do?

Has anyone had a similar situation?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    There was indeed BF. Methinks times are getting hard and the incumbents need to top up their crates of Bolly. Down to 1000 crates...tsk tsk...

I only posted this thread as a "heads up" on Parasol's latest news today, in case any other contractors were affected.

Of course I can vote with my feet and my wallet and I shall be doing so, once I get some questions answered from a competitor.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Sorry but what is the point of this post?

If you don't like the post/thread then don't respond. Simple innit?
    Who says I didn't like it? If I didn't like it I would have ignored it but thanks for the concern given. It was advice from myself to the OP suggesting that if THEY didn't like it, they do have options other than complaining.

innit????

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Wasnt there a management buy out or something a few years back for some large amount, may be the management have some big bills to pay.

Leave a comment:

• swebb
    replied
    Yep another increase, they must think inflation is running at 20% or something like that.

Anyway probably a good thing its kicked me off my ass and now I'm looking at going elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post

At the end of the day they are a business and if you don't like the prices they are charging, then vote with your feet and leave. Moaning about it to other people here on the forum isn't going to change anything. I don't like the price increases of petrol, gas, electricity, council tax, and milk to name a few, but you don't see us all on here moaning about it.

If you don't like the post/thread then don't respond. Simple innit?

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied

At the end of the day they are a business and if you don't like the prices they are charging, then vote with your feet and leave. Moaning about it to other people here on the forum isn't going to change anything. I don't like the price increases of petrol, gas, electricity, council tax, and milk to name a few, but you don't see us all on here moaning about it.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    No worries Rob ! The mods are pretty hot around here and always willing to help when required.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Ooops....can you remove please Robby ?
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Thanks mods for the prompt reply !

Regards,

Fred Sausage
    Would have done had the mods not beat me to it .

Rob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X