• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Euro

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Euro"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    0.8 pound to the EUR, that is 1.25 EUR to the pound.

Woooh

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Firstly, I didn't know Ford had been bought by an Indian company.

They haven't, they sold off Landrover and Jaguar.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's not doomed - they keep key stuff in Germany and share elements with Skoda etc. I don't see Mercedes or BMW or Volkswagen disappearing for a very long time.

And one more thing - I don't see Germans bragging about slick financial services like UK does about the City - that's because Germans have got tangible things wanted by many other people, and these things (unlike gambling in the City) actually gives value to people who buy them.

Heck, even Jaguar and Ford now owned by an Indian company -

Firstly, I didn't know Ford had been bought by an Indian company.

Secondly, who owns a company is increasingly irrelevant - Merc and BMW might exist for a long time - but they'll be building their cars in eastern Europe, South Africa, India and China.

Thirdly you perspective is so narrow you don't understand that Britain does have some strengths in growing industries - pharamceuticals and biotech in particular. Aerospace and arms is not too bad either.

And if you think the City doesn't add value, you have absolutely no understanding of anything.

Your cretinous posts on here are making you a laughing stock.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    It's not doomed - they keep key stuff in Germany and share elements with Skoda etc. I don't see Mercedes or BMW or Volkswagen disappearing for a very long time.

And one more thing - I don't see Germans bragging about slick financial services like UK does about the City - that's because Germans have got tangible things wanted by many other people, and these things (unlike gambling in the City) actually gives value to people who buy them.

I don't see most of the world's financial institutions disappearing for a very long time either. You're incredibly naive if you think those companies would be where they were or even exist now without the help, support, finance etc of major financial organisations.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    In that case, how about you refrain from posting bollox on economic issues you simply don't understand with any level of sophistication?
    You are confusing general issues that everyone is entitled to have their opinion on (including you), and very specific real-life business stuff that should really be off limits for public discussion unless the person in question actually invites such discussion. I don't discuss your business or your work, and I expect others to stay away from mine, unless they have got something constructive to say.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What about the argument that manufacturing in Germany is doomed in the long run because of high wage costs compared to emerging nations? Why are Mercedes and BMW increasingly building factories abroad, my foolish friend?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    How about you don't give me business advice just like I don't give yours? I did not ask for your view on this one and I probably won't ever. So spare me your cheap taunts.
    In that case, how about you refrain from posting bollox on economic issues you simply don't understand with any level of sophistication?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well, if Thatcher revolution leads to UK of present day then it is highly questionable whether it brought added value to the electorate.

Germany is doing pretty well so far given that they integrated a 3rd world country into their economy. UK on the other hand has got nothing to brag about.
    What about the argument that manufacturing in Germany is doomed in the long run because of high wage costs compared to emerging nations? Why are Mercedes and BMW increasingly building factories abroad, my foolish friend?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    My young friend, I learnt about inflation of 2100% per annum and value of hard currency while still being in school.
    So you'd have learned about the relationship between interest rates and FX as well, no?

It's all cyclical, 10 years ago we had a super strong dollar, in 10 years time we might have a super weak euro. Us being in the Eurozone wouldn't necessarily stop a global recession or impact of it on us in or out. I really don''t know - but some of my mates are FX traders and they don't either - and I trust them over your expertise gained from a few economic modules in a Russian uni.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How about getting your SEO website beyond a couple of pages of tat and selling your ideas to make money?
    How about you don't give me business advice just like I don't give yours? I did not ask for your view on this one and I probably won't ever. So spare me your cheap taunts.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Don't recycle your tired old ideas ad nauseum. Address the article above. Or this one:

http://voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/287
    Well, if Thatcher revolution leads to UK of present day then it is highly questionable whether it brought added value to the electorate.

Germany is doing pretty well so far given that they integrated a 3rd world country into their economy. UK on the other hand has got nothing to brag about.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    My young friend, I learnt about inflation of 2100% per annum and value of hard currency while still being in school.
    How about getting your SEO website beyond a couple of pages of tat and selling your ideas to make money?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    FX expertise too. Wow, is there no end to your talents?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    FX expertise too. Wow, is there no end to your talents?
    beginning

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Let's take Volkswagen - its CEO is a Dr, he has got no-bull PhD, and who were the directors of Rover? Germans managed miracle - rebuild their economy from ruins and taint of nazism while this country outsourced all that stuff elsewhere, then went education since there is no need for PhDs in this country apart from doing dodgy City risk calculations that never work in a long term.
    Don't recycle your tired old ideas ad nauseum. Address the article above. Or this one:

http://voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/287

Leave a comment:

Working...
X