• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: £ hits €1.25

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£ hits €1.25"

Collapse

• Bod
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah but it's flight not resort prices that are the killer especially long haul.
    Sounded too good to be true.
    True, I don't know of a way to buy flights in $ but you can still save a fair wedge.

My last hotel bill in the Maldives was just over $8k (That's room/meals/drinks/massages/scuba etc) which at the time exchanged to approx £6k. Apart from the flight the same holiday today would cost £4k. That seems a worthwhile saving to me.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bod View Post
    By booking direct with your chosen resort it's not rocket science mate.
    Ah but it's flight not resort prices that are the killer especially long haul.
    Sounded too good to be true.

Leave a comment:

• Bod
    replied
    Yes I know about the exhange rates
    But where can you buy holidays priced in dollars from here?
    By booking direct with your chosen resort it's not rocket science mate.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    tried on that tinternet thingy direct.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Like this....

£1 = 2$

or

£1 = 1.2€

All destinations priced in dollars will be significantly cheaper. The Maldives, for example are a bargain at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Bod
    replied
    Eh? How does that work?
    Like this....

£1 = 2$

or

£1 = 1.2€

All destinations priced in dollars will be significantly cheaper. The Maldives, for example are a bargain at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It's almost cheaper to go to the Seychelles on US$ than it is to go to Benidorm. This is a good thing, no ?
    Eh? How does that work?

Leave a comment:

• Bod
    replied
    It's almost cheaper to go to the Seychelles on US$ than it is to go to Benidorm. This is a good thing, no ?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I've just worked out what my rate would be if (please when) that happens and it's almost threadedesque.
    On my current contracts I'm mostly paid in €

Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    When it hits 0.75 Euro that will be a fair reflection of the British economy compared to Euroland.
    I've just worked out what my rate would be if (please when) that happens and it's almost threadedesque.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    When it hits 0.75 Euro that will be a fair reflection of the British economy compared to Euroland.
    Surely the mighty City should have made it 100 euros for 1 pound?

I'd much prefer if UK was making (R&D - not assembly) Mercedes and BMW cars here, rather than 10 Cities.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Sort your tulip out UK

This weak pound is damaging my retirement plans.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic £ hits €1.25

£ hits €1.25

It was 1.5 at the start of the year!!!!

Linky

Think the french will be doing their wine runs to Dover in the coming months.

Working...
X