• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Focus is in the garage"

Collapse

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    When it does, it'll be in the middle of rush hour in a heavily built up area.
    lol actually I believe in karma and recon I might of squared that one off already when yesterday I got out of my car and pushed a car that had broken down entering the round about, women on her with 2 young kids. No other f*cker helped.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Its a common problem on the Audi A3 as well (serious) or least on the last generation model. Needs a new clutch spring, Im expecting mine to go some.
    When it does, it'll be in the middle of rush hour in a heavily built up area.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Its a common problem on the Audi A3 as well (serious) or least on the last generation model. Needs a new clutch spring, Im expecting mine to go some.

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Have to say, since owning german motors, breakdowns just don't happen anymore. The only time it's in the garage is for a service.
    Try telling that to anyone on the main FiatUK forum they keep telling me that because my indicators don't self cancel it's Character

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    So, Ford Focus, the biggest selling compact in the UK has a known problem about the clutch sticking in??

Scary.......

<canned laughter>
    Last edited by Churchill; 7 April 2008, 07:57.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    This is such a common problem on this model you'd think they'd fix it before they let them off the forecourt, but no, because doing it this way they get paid to fix it.

I bet he thinks Ford will replace this wearable part under warranty!

Don't worry Wilmslow it's only about £300 you'll have to fork out.
    So, Ford Focus, the biggest selling compact in the UK has a known problem about the clutch sticking in??

Scary.......

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by super View Post
    Ford refused to repair my Focus when it did that. They said there was nothing wrong with it. Bit odd that a clutch spring broke just a month later. Threatened Ford with Small Claims. They just sent FOAD letters. Couldn't be bothered to actually sue them, as was about to trade the car in anyway.
    Broke clutch spring? Hmm, a mechanic who can't tell the difference between disintegrated plates and a broken spring. Worrying...

Leave a comment:

• super
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    This is such a common problem on this model you'd think they'd fix it before they let them off the forecourt, but no, because doing it this way they get paid to fix it.

Ford refused to repair my Focus when it did that. They said there was nothing wrong with it. Bit odd that a clutch spring broke just a month later. Threatened Ford with Small Claims. They just sent FOAD letters. Couldn't be bothered to actually sue them, as was about to trade the car in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    <<canned laughter>>

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Funny that you mention it - it was a german chap who made that icon
    now I get it... so he converted the icon of Das Pocketbook getting ge-munched ..

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
    maybe as an hommage to your "ska eats google" gif you could do one with a deutsches auto eating a british wallet in front of a garage?
    Funny that you mention it - it was a german chap who made that icon

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

cocking up
    maybe as an hommage to your "ska eats google" gif you could do one with a deutsches auto eating a british wallet in front of a garage?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
    absolute rinsing of the bank account

cocking up

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    The only time it's in the garage is for a service.

absolute rinsing of the bank account

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Can we be a little more specific regarding the location in question?

A clutch pedal staying down? I'd have thought "clutch cable" snapped, but obviously not in your case though. Not good on a new car. Have to say, since owning german motors, breakdowns just don't happen anymore. The only time it's in the garage is for a service.
    It is built in Germany!

The end of the shopping street in Manchester by the Arndale Centre. Scared the life out of me, and the pedestrians!

It stayed down, but nothing broken, just stayed down and did not return back again. Very bizarre.

Wish the AA guy left it as it was found and just relayed it into the garage - they would at least have something to work with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X