• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Focus is in the garage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Funny that you mention it - it was a german chap who made that icon
    now I get it... so he converted the icon of Das Pocketbook getting ge-munched ..

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      <<canned laughter>>
      This is such a common problem on this model you'd think they'd fix it before they let them off the forecourt, but no, because doing it this way they get paid to fix it.

I bet he thinks Ford will replace this wearable part under warranty!

Don't worry Wilmslow it's only about £300 you'll have to fork out.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        This is such a common problem on this model you'd think they'd fix it before they let them off the forecourt, but no, because doing it this way they get paid to fix it.

Ford refused to repair my Focus when it did that. They said there was nothing wrong with it. Bit odd that a clutch spring broke just a month later. Threatened Ford with Small Claims. They just sent FOAD letters. Couldn't be bothered to actually sue them, as was about to trade the car in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by super View Post
          Ford refused to repair my Focus when it did that. They said there was nothing wrong with it. Bit odd that a clutch spring broke just a month later. Threatened Ford with Small Claims. They just sent FOAD letters. Couldn't be bothered to actually sue them, as was about to trade the car in anyway.
          Broke clutch spring? Hmm, a mechanic who can't tell the difference between disintegrated plates and a broken spring. Worrying...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

So, Ford Focus, the biggest selling compact in the UK has a known problem about the clutch sticking in??

Scary.......

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              So, Ford Focus, the biggest selling compact in the UK has a known problem about the clutch sticking in??

Scary.......

<canned laughter>
              Last edited by Churchill; 7 April 2008, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                Have to say, since owning german motors, breakdowns just don't happen anymore. The only time it's in the garage is for a service.
                Try telling that to anyone on the main FiatUK forum they keep telling me that because my indicators don't self cancel it's Character

Comment

Its a common problem on the Audi A3 as well (serious) or least on the last generation model. Needs a new clutch spring, Im expecting mine to go some.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    Its a common problem on the Audi A3 as well (serious) or least on the last generation model. Needs a new clutch spring, Im expecting mine to go some.
                    When it does, it'll be in the middle of rush hour in a heavily built up area.
                    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                      When it does, it'll be in the middle of rush hour in a heavily built up area.
                      lol actually I believe in karma and recon I might of squared that one off already when yesterday I got out of my car and pushed a car that had broken down entering the round about, women on her with 2 young kids. No other f*cker helped.

Comment

Working...
                      X