• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Four Years...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Four Years..."

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If they just hit him I can see the reasoning for manslaughter, but they were carrying a weapon, obviously with the intent of wounding or worse. In those cases it should be upgraded to murder

Isn't there an automatic jail sentence for carrying lethal weapons, such as guns? Knifes are just as lethal, it's all about where the victim is hit with both types of weapon.

So they should get 2 years for being in possession, then more on top if they use it, then more on top if they kill or seriously injure someone.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Let me guess. You have a soviet degree in law.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Kill them.

Vigilante mob lynching.

You know it makes sense!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.
    Let me guess. You have a soviet degree in law.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    You've got to remember a proles life is worth much less than a blade of grass on a field belonging to TPTB.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Manslaughter == didn't mean to kill, right? If you hit someone with a bat it doesn't mean you are trying to kill them...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    In those cases it should be upgraded to murder
    Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    If they just hit him I can see the reasoning for manslaughter, but they were carrying a weapon, obviously with the intent of wounding or worse. In those cases it should be upgraded to murder

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?
    Thats the british justice system for you. Like DP says, once they're out it'll be life of reilly on benefits.

Bagpuss you really need to sort out that avatar. There's lots of baggy images on google, bring back the fat pink cat.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Four years, out in two and straight onto benefits for the rest of their lives.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    started a topic Four Years...

Four Years...

That's what a good citizen's life is worth these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7326439.stm

Four years 'detention'.

I'm amazed they didn't get a 'Community Service Order'.

I wonder what sentence those evil scrotes who kicked that poor goth girl to death in a park are going to get?

I really never thought I'd say this, but...

BRING BACK HANGING

Working...
X