• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Goatse (SFW)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Goatse (SFW)"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    There goes my breakfast.... uurghhh

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'd add

NSFW (or people)

if I was you

(I'm pretty sure there are unblurred versions available, if there's anybody warped enough to look...)
    Glad I didn't click the link, Thanks for the warning NF

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are we allowed to post a link ?
    I'd add

NSFW (or people)

if I was you

(I'm pretty sure there are unblurred versions available, if there's anybody warped enough to look...)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Oh... that was bad
    Are we allowed to post a link ?

The comical part is the way they bothered to blur her fanny, as if *that* makes it any better

edit: NickFitz is correct - definitely NSFW (which is probably true of any link in this thread)
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 April 2008, 12:47.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Those guys are pain in the arse...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Hairy Ape - Blue Monkey - Puce Goatse!
    I must admit, I'm glad to find that there are - or rather, were - people who hadn't been traumatised by goatse before. I thought the whole world had been corrupted by now

I think it was one of the first goatse links ever on Slashdot that caught me... then the trolls seemed to take a break for a while, and a few months later I was suckered in again :where's-the-I-hit-the-back-button-faster-than-had-ever-previously-been-thought-possible-smiley

It originated at the domain goatse.cx - .cx is Christmas Island's Top Level Domain (TLD), and like so many tiny nations who were allocated a TLD in the mid-to-late 90s, they farmed out the management thereof to a US company who just took the money and passed some of it along to them (Tuvalu, with the ".tv" TLD, did the same, and I believe Channel Five's website is still at five.tv).

The original goatse.cx site was live for about a year before whoever governs Christmas Island realised what a bad name it was getting them, and had it shut down - IIRC it was mildly tricky because the US management company had to be convinced that the First Amendment to the US constitution didn't actually apply to the whole World Wide Web, just the bits of it that were US - the problem being that although the site was on the Christmas Island domain, all sites on .cx were actually hosted in the US
    Last edited by NickFitz; 5 April 2008, 02:39. Reason: "US", not "American" - there's more to America than the US

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    ape
    Hairy Ape - Blue Monkey - Puce Goatse!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Great, now I'm stuck with That!!!! and an image of a blue monkey for the rest of the night
    ape

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Great, now I'm stuck with That!!!! and an image of a blue monkey for the rest of the night

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Those guys are pain in the arse...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The funniest goatse-related story has to be the Slashdot one from a few years ago. Somebody submitted a summary to Slashdot, linking to an article about some obscure geek matter - hyperthreading in the Linux kernel, or some such. The Slashdot editors checked the link, and found a thoughtful and well-written piece on this subject, so they published the summary and link on their front page.

However the server where the article was hosted was under the control of the story submitter, who had set it up so that if you followed the link from Slashdot, it redirected you to goatse. Thus Slashdot, which has devoted enormous amounts of technical effort over the years trying to prevent commenters linking to goatse, inadvertently provided just such a link on their own front page

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He has got s**t for brains?
    If you tell someone NOT to think of a blue monkey - the first thing they think of is a blue monkey!

Well that is true of 5-year olds. Which describes me (and most posters here).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Which part of the word "don't" did you not understand?
    He has got s**t for brains?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Oh... that was bad
    Which part of the word "don't" did you not understand?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Of course. Otherwise it would have created the impression that I got double standards.
    a brain

Leave a comment:

Working...
X