• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you tell your agent"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Head down, gob shut.

So you tell your Agent who then bombards your client with calls about this new vacancy he's heard about (and they will). Your client thinks "how did he/she know about that" for about 10 seconds until they put two and two together.

Where do you think this is going?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by handsfree
    You're right.

I've decided just to keep me head down and get back to my unit tests and mind my own business.

Just wanted to know what other people do.

That's funny, like the agent would give a tulip!

Leave a comment:

• handsfree
    replied
    Dodgy giving out confidential information period, remember while you might be doing the Agency a favor you are also telling him you cannot be "trusted" with confidential information
    You're right.

I've decided just to keep me head down and get back to my unit tests and mind my own business.

Just wanted to know what other people do.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    I was thinking more along the lines of using confidential information to gain financial advantage.
    Dodgy giving out confidential information period, remember while you might be doing the Agency a favor you are also telling him you cannot be "trusted" with confidential information

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    when the client is planning on bringing in another contractor?

Thus giving him a headstart over the other agencies they will go to.

Is it unprofessional? I get on with my agent, he's as good as they come, and it might be good to keep him sweet. Renewal time is only 2 months away too.

What d'you reckon?
    In the past I got a prefferencial rate by tipping off the agent with leads. He still to this day maintains he wasn't paid commission for me due to the lower cut to the agency (agents only got commission for each % over 14%)

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I'm just wondering whether it's good to give the agent a lead, just to keep him sweet - just to keep you in his good books so that after this contract, you become his favoured candidate for the next one.
    If he makes good money from you, the client doesn't complain about you, and you never annoy the agent, that's good enough for him to put you on his list of favourites.

Leave a comment:

• handsfree
    replied
    I wasn't even thinking about doing it for any financial gain - whether that's legal or not, I wouldn't want to do that sort of thing behind the client's back.

I'm just wondering whether it's good to give the agent a lead, just to keep him sweet - just to keep you in his good books so that after this contract, you become his favoured candidate for the next one.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I was thinking more along the lines of using confidential information to gain financial advantage.
    For sure. The person with the question shouldn't do it behind his/her boss's back - that's just asking for trouble.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I would have thought so. It's only a recurring finder's fee after all.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Is that legal?
    I would have thought so. It's only a recurring finder's fee after all.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    For a modest cut of the fees if your agent places a bod. It's only fair.
    Is that legal?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied

Is it unprofessional? I get on with my agent, he's as good as they come, and it might be good to keep him sweet. Renewal time is only 2 months away too.

What d'you reckon?
    For a modest cut of the fees if your agent places a bod. It's only fair.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Your renewal is in the agent's best interests, so there's no need to keep him sweet for that.

It's rare for an agent to have a sense of gratitude. We're just cattle being herded to the market. Guess who pockets the profits?

Wage in 'I've been dealing with agents today' mode.

Leave a comment:

• handsfree
    started a topic Would you tell your agent

Would you tell your agent

What d'you reckon?

Working...
X