• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you tell your agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you tell your agent

when the client is planning on bringing in another contractor?

Thus giving him a headstart over the other agencies they will go to.

Is it unprofessional? I get on with my agent, he's as good as they come, and it might be good to keep him sweet. Renewal time is only 2 months away too.

What d'you reckon?

Your renewal is in the agent's best interests, so there's no need to keep him sweet for that.

It's rare for an agent to have a sense of gratitude. We're just cattle being herded to the market. Guess who pockets the profits?

Wage in 'I've been dealing with agents today' mode.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by handsfree

Is it unprofessional? I get on with my agent, he's as good as they come, and it might be good to keep him sweet. Renewal time is only 2 months away too.

What d'you reckon?
      For a modest cut of the fees if your agent places a bod. It's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        For a modest cut of the fees if your agent places a bod. It's only fair.
        Is that legal?

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          Is that legal?
          I would have thought so. It's only a recurring finder's fee after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            I would have thought so. It's only a recurring finder's fee after all.
            I was thinking more along the lines of using confidential information to gain financial advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
              I was thinking more along the lines of using confidential information to gain financial advantage.
              For sure. The person with the question shouldn't do it behind his/her boss's back - that's just asking for trouble.

Comment

I wasn't even thinking about doing it for any financial gain - whether that's legal or not, I wouldn't want to do that sort of thing behind the client's back.

I'm just wondering whether it's good to give the agent a lead, just to keep him sweet - just to keep you in his good books so that after this contract, you become his favoured candidate for the next one.

Comment

I'm just wondering whether it's good to give the agent a lead, just to keep him sweet - just to keep you in his good books so that after this contract, you become his favoured candidate for the next one.
                  If he makes good money from you, the client doesn't complain about you, and you never annoy the agent, that's good enough for him to put you on his list of favourites.

Comment

What d'you reckon?
                    In the past I got a prefferencial rate by tipping off the agent with leads. He still to this day maintains he wasn't paid commission for me due to the lower cut to the agency (agents only got commission for each % over 14%)
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X