• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is there much work about?"

Collapse

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre
    That Sandy sounds a nice girl....
    Don't worry about Sandy. Sandy's just acting a little strange since moving to this new board. Not enough cushions?

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Thanks Normie....

That Sandy sounds a nice girl....

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Have you tried T-Mobile?

Mobile Telecomms. VAS design/Business Analyst/Service Architecture/Capacity planning
    Have you tried T-Mobile? I hear that they are hiring quite heavily at the moment. I think they post openings on www.monster.co.uk

Cheers,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I looked at the website address you posted and it looked more like they were some kind of consultancy company. I couldn't see anywhere to submit your CV or look for vacancies
    Never mind. Perhaps in the end they'll phone you and ask you if you've ever considered a contract in telecoms?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I looked at the website address you posted and it looked more like they were some kind of consultancy company. I couldn't see anywhere to submit your CV or look for vacancies

Oh lord... I told you people, this guy wants you to find him a job, go for an interview on his behalf, and negotiate the rate for him, and him the contract on a silver plate....

Hiram, you are obvioulsy not the material required to be a contractor, stick to permie jobs!!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You can have my contract if you like. Willingness to submit to slow brain death appears to be the only skill needed.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Do MBT place contractors?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Do MBT place contractors? Their website doesn't make it clear.

I know the feeling Alf. I'm just trying to understand whether my experience is normal and that a contract will come along if I keep looking in the right bplaces.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Depends on how long you've been looking.

Most Permies think Contractors just phone up their (sole) Agent and say 'find me something else .. within 10 miles of home .. give me a couple of weeks off though first . oh and I want another 10%'. Depending on how particular you are (personally I don't chase big money living away from home) a month or two isn't unusual. You've also got the disadvantage of being a new name as well.

Stick at it and treat getting your contract as a job in itself.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I got a call today about a contract at 02, in Ireland, SAN support with some NBU thrown in for good mesure. I have received about 6 calls this week from Pimps, with jobs in the City for Server / SAN support. but my 6 month contract has just been extended by 12 months so I'm happy........

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    They are shedding 10% of engineers. I'll have to find out which agencies they use. To be honest though, I'd prefer something away from O2
    The preferred agency is MBT. They also use Elan from time-to-time.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    They are shedding 10% of engineers. I'll have to find out which agencies they use. To be honest though, I'd prefer something away from O2

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I'm not cheap but I have got change of 50p!

The trouble is that O2 are downsizing. That's why I'm being given the push
    How many are being chopped? If it's just you, forget it. If not, someone somewhere will be recruiting contract BAs in one of the offices or departments. Where are you based? Slough? If so, get on the blower to the bods in Leeds. Try calling some non-IT managers.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    I'm not cheap but I have got change of 50p!

The trouble is that O2 are downsizing. That's why I'm being given the push

Leave a comment:

Working...
X