• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Odd DIY projects

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Odd DIY projects"

Collapse

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    We sleep in a bed that I made.

My hobby is carpentry/Cabinet making
    One day I'll school you in the art Diver....

Got any examples of your work?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I’ve just spoken to one of my clients in the US before they close for the week. Part of the social bit was asking what each of us was doing over the weekend.

Me: working on database, website, etc.

Him: making a bed. By which he meant making one from scratch, buy the wood, cut, glue or what ever you do. I’ve never heard of anyone do such a thing. Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
    We sleep in a bed that I made.

My hobby is carpentry/Cabinet making

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post

It's nice to actually create something phyiscal that you can use for years, unlike this IT nonsense...
    But if IT nonsense stuff didn't keep breaking we wouldn't have work.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    I will be clearing a guano blockage out of one of our gutters tomorrow afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I spent many happy weekends in my parents' shed growing up. Made bookshelves, tables and stuff.

It's nice to actually create something phyiscal that you can use for years, unlike this IT nonsense...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I invoice in USD so it's me who is suffering at the moment.
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well, then you should be greatful that pound is not gaining as much to the dollar as much as euro does!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Actually, I did make my own bed! From mild steel rather than timber.

Improved my welding skills no end!
    wedding

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They will probably be pleased that pound is not raising against dollar like euro. Maybe this would help UK get a bit more work from USA in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Him: making a bed... Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
    Actually, I did make my own bed! From mild steel rather than timber.

Improved my welding skills no end!

And no, it's not some kind of kinky goth dungeon thing.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They will probably be pleased that pound is not raising against dollar like euro. Maybe this would help UK get a bit more work from USA in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    So long as they don't go bust soon. Their fees for next quarter are due next week.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
    It's called recession dude...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Odd DIY projects

Odd DIY projects

I’ve just spoken to one of my clients in the US before they close for the week. Part of the social bit was asking what each of us was doing over the weekend.

Me: working on database, website, etc.

Him: making a bed. By which he meant making one from scratch, buy the wood, cut, glue or what ever you do. I’ve never heard of anyone do such a thing. Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?

Working...
X