• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: suits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "suits"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    1 Austin Reed Bespoke 150 twist Italian, 2 John Lewis specials - Ungaro, ok, hardwearing day-to-day suits, 1 Racing Green, 1 Horrible Burtons suit I haven't got round to chucking out yet, 1 DAKS suit - great make, one of my favourites, and my dinner suit is from Harrods, bespoke, silk lined, fantastic.

I think I have a couple of others kicking around somewhere.
    I don't need to wear suits. I work remotely and plead guilty by mail.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    1 Austin Reed Bespoke 150 twist Italian, 2 John Lewis specials - Ungaro, ok, hardwearing day-to-day suits, 1 Racing Green, 1 Horrible Burtons suit I haven't got round to chucking out yet, 1 DAKS suit - great make, one of my favourites, and my dinner suit is from Harrods, bespoke, silk lined, fantastic.

I think I have a couple of others kicking around somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Did I ever show you that trick where...

No?

Maybe next time.
    I'm still trying to get over your last tricks

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    We only use olive oil for cooking. makes fried eggs go green but they taste better

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I love Olives.... with feta cheese in the middle?
    Did I ever show you that trick where...

No?

Maybe next time.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Olives are though. They taste like grapes pulled from the orifice of a corpse.
    I love Olives.... with feta cheese in the middle?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'll bow to your superior knowledge regarding the analogy.

Although I do actually like olives.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I used to think that too. Then I gave up the fags, taste buds changed and now I love em.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Now Now! Winston, He's backed down and offered the olive branch.

Play nice

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Get ****ed!

And that'll probably be a first!
    Now Now! Winston, He's backed down and offered the olive branch.

Play nice

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    If you have a collar size above 17" they appear to think you should be wearing an ill-fitting tent.

I much prefer Hawes and Curtis shirts, where a big neck does not equal a 56" chest.
    I'd like to find somewhere that will fit a 19 1/2 inch collar, 54" chest and short thick arms.
    Every time I buy off the shelf to fit chest & neck, the arms are six inches too long and too thin. I end up Rolling the sleeves up or having a mass of material bunched up on the forearms. Either that or they are so slim fitting on the arms I split the seams on the upper arm.
    Same with trousers, I have a stocky body and short thick Tree trunk legs. I can never get trousers to fit without the upper leg being stretched taut and pulling the damned things out of shape.

I'm sick and tired of having clothes altered to fit

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Oh, lets forget about all this and put it behind us.
    Get ****ed!

And that'll probably be a first!

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Ok, point out the racism.
    Oh, lets forget about all this and put it behind us.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Cool. Can you ask him the following.

Why are all women ******* mental?
    I am the higher power and the answer is ...
    Genetics.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlong View Post
    Nothing wrong with TM Lewin's in my opinion.

Kevlong
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I have a couple of their shirts and would agree.
    If you have a collar size above 17" they appear to think you should be wearing an ill-fitting tent.

I much prefer Hawes and Curtis shirts, where a big neck does not equal a 56" chest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X