• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Miss Bimbo

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Miss Bimbo"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Boys used to play war games out in the street; now they play "Call Of Duty" or "Medal Of Honour" or whatever.

Girls used to play with dolls; now they have Bimbo.

Even the thing about having to pay isn't much different from buying dolls clothes and furniture and that for a Barbie.

Good point. I suppose it's just another example (after those online fantasy worlds) where people are prepared to pay for virtual items rather than physical.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    South Yorkshire. Just like "Sunny Don"!

Btw, is your brother standing for Mayor?
    Wouldn't surprise me. Thought he was standing for parliament tho'.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Boys used to play war games out in the street; now they play "Call Of Duty" or "Medal Of Honour" or whatever.

Girls used to play with dolls; now they have Bimbo.

Even the thing about having to pay isn't much different from buying dolls clothes and furniture and that for a Barbie.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I wish I had thought of this.

I bet the site's acquired many thousands of new punters after it's exposure on all the major news programmes last night. Would have cost millions in marketing to achieve that level of exposure. Genius.

I've no sympathy for the site's users if they're dumb enough to pay (via text credits) for each item they buy their bimbo, and their parents are dumb enough to let them use their cards.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    yorshire, etc.: sounds like she's from Barnsley. Is that West Yorks now?
    South Yorkshire. Just like "Sunny Don"!

Btw, is your brother standing for Mayor?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    Comment on the the Times article.

I think she's more sensible than most adult commentators.
    yorshire, etc.: sounds like she's from Barnsley. Is that West Yorks now?

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Comment on the the Times article.

Ok, I'm a normal 12 year old yorshire girl. i dont find anything wrong with this! i think it should be for say, 13's and older but it is just fun.
    Its a laugh making a cheesy stupid doll! but it would be good if they made it MORE of a stupid, taking the mick doll.
    people need 2 calm down a touch!
    if parents dont want there childrenon. dont let them. simple!

Charlotte, West Yorkshire,
    I think she's more sensible than most adult commentators.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I almost can't believe this - a webtulipe aimed at 9-16yo girls encouraging them to buy diet pills have boob jobs and spend money on tanning beds and clothes - paying via paypal...

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle3613881.ece
    So it's not all bad then..

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I wish I had thought of this.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Just like your mum?
    Yuk I hope my mum hasn't been seeing 2uk

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

At least it doesn't recommend self-fertilisation with a used condom, does it?
    Just like your mum?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    lose weight one minute, then gain it a couple of levels later, then lose it again to snare a rich man....
    Like I said, real life then.

At least it doesn't recommend self-fertilisation with a used condom, does it?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    I can't see the problem personally; thay may not be particularly healthy, but they'll look great
    But the game encourages them to lose weight one minute, then gain it a couple of levels later, then lose it again to snare a rich man....

If they keep losing the weight, they'll look pretty awful.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    I can't see the problem personally; they may not be particularly healthy, but they'll look great
    Last edited by EqualOpportunities; 25 March 2008, 23:17. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I almost can't believe this - a webtulipe aimed at 9-16yo girls encouraging them to buy diet pills have boob jobs and spend money on tanning beds and clothes - paying via paypal...
    What they don't learn from the net they'll learn from their mothers instead. I wouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X