• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miss Bimbo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had thought of this.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      I almost can't believe this - a webtulipe aimed at 9-16yo girls encouraging them to buy diet pills have boob jobs and spend money on tanning beds and clothes - paying via paypal...

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle3613881.ece
      So it's not all bad then..
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Comment on the the Times article.

Ok, I'm a normal 12 year old yorshire girl. i dont find anything wrong with this! i think it should be for say, 13's and older but it is just fun.
        Its a laugh making a cheesy stupid doll! but it would be good if they made it MORE of a stupid, taking the mick doll.
        people need 2 calm down a touch!
        if parents dont want there childrenon. dont let them. simple!

Charlotte, West Yorkshire,
        I think she's more sensible than most adult commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
          Comment on the the Times article.

I think she's more sensible than most adult commentators.
          yorshire, etc.: sounds like she's from Barnsley. Is that West Yorks now?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            yorshire, etc.: sounds like she's from Barnsley. Is that West Yorks now?
            South Yorkshire. Just like "Sunny Don"!

Btw, is your brother standing for Mayor?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              I wish I had thought of this.

I bet the site's acquired many thousands of new punters after it's exposure on all the major news programmes last night. Would have cost millions in marketing to achieve that level of exposure. Genius.

I've no sympathy for the site's users if they're dumb enough to pay (via text credits) for each item they buy their bimbo, and their parents are dumb enough to let them use their cards.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Boys used to play war games out in the street; now they play "Call Of Duty" or "Medal Of Honour" or whatever.

Girls used to play with dolls; now they have Bimbo.

Even the thing about having to pay isn't much different from buying dolls clothes and furniture and that for a Barbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  South Yorkshire. Just like "Sunny Don"!

Btw, is your brother standing for Mayor?
                  Wouldn't surprise me. Thought he was standing for parliament tho'.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    Boys used to play war games out in the street; now they play "Call Of Duty" or "Medal Of Honour" or whatever.

Girls used to play with dolls; now they have Bimbo.

Even the thing about having to pay isn't much different from buying dolls clothes and furniture and that for a Barbie.

Good point. I suppose it's just another example (after those online fantasy worlds) where people are prepared to pay for virtual items rather than physical.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X