• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many BTL properties do you have?"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    I need a minus one option
    DOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    I need a minus one option

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Fire precuations are not very high on my list of priorities when purchasing a house.
    If you convert a property to be a HIMO then you have to do fire-precautions. If the place has only one staircase then they'll have you install a fire-escape. Extra costs like this all start to add up, and they rarely add to the value of the property, and 'cause I like to go for older buildings it makes them look ugly too.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Hæ Hæ, not always, and I think they're quite nice. It's not like I've converted 2up2downs, they're usually quite substantial...

If you can get a place with at least 2 staircases you can save yourself an awful lot of grief with the fire precautions.
    Fire precautions are not very high on my list of priorities when purchasing a house.
    Last edited by oracleslave; 13 March 2008, 10:06. Reason: precautions

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    So you always live in a small pokey flat and are surrounded by tenants. Not the style I would have expected from you Threaded.
    Hæ Hæ, not always, and I think they're quite nice. It's not like I've converted 2up2downs, they're usually quite substantial...

If you can get a place with at least 2 staircases you can save yourself an awful lot of grief with the fire precautions.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    So you always live in a small pokey flat and are surrounded by tenants. Not the style I would have expected from you Threaded.

There's a lovely women in the flat below called Miss Jones

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Whenever I worked anywhere more than once or for extended periods I've tended to buy a house local, turn it into flats and let all but one flat out. Usually keeping the loft for my own use, as fire precautions for lofts tend to be a pain, so why bother.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Whenever I worked anywhere more than once or for extended periods I've tended to buy a house local, turn it into flats and let all but one flat out. Usually keeping the loft for my own use, as fire precautions for lofts tend to be a pain, so why bother.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I bet the old board was so much better. Far more high brow than today.
    Wanna bet

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Sorry old Bear, couldn't help myself.
    That's alright sir

Less of the 'old' though!!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Fair point

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Having a bad day?
    Sorry old Bear, couldn't help myself.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    But that doesn't mean you're not a <snip>
    Having a bad day?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    You're right
    But that doesn't mean you're not a <snip>
    Last edited by ferret; 12 March 2008, 15:46. Reason: Bogey oversteps the mark by quite a distance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X