• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House price downturn worst since slump of 1990s, surveyors report"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not seeing the forest for the trees - the classic techie delusion.
    Probably more a case of not seeing the trees for the squirrels.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    If you can't enjoy your own fortunes, you can at least enjoy from the misfortunes of others (typical motto of AtW and a number of other CUK posters)
    Schadenfreude rules!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    This is the inspirational tale of a poor Russian peasant boy, rejected by conventional society because of his 'odd ways' who takes to the wilderness to commune with the furry ones.

Who do you reckon for starring role? Jeff Bridges? Jimmy Krankie?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    John Merrick?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Turning green

If you can't enjoy your own fortunes, you can at least enjoy from the misfortunes of others (typical motto of AtW and a number of other CUK posters)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This is true. But I am sure I would not have learnt a lot of stuff that I did in the last 3 years. I value this knowledge higher than £150k.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stop piddling around with the "node" and get the majestic-seo site up to scratch.

You have wasted your time.

I need to finish it - it is important for my plans, few days and I hope it's done.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    indeed

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Stop piddling around with the "node" and get the majestic-seo site up to scratch.

You have wasted your time.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You could have gone contracting and banked maybe £150K by now.
    This is true. But I am sure I would not have learnt a lot of stuff that I did in the last 3 years. I value this knowledge higher than £150k.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Still living the dream?
    I hear there a new blockbuster movie coming out:

Dances with Squirrels

(a Fox Warner Production)

This is the inspirational tale of a poor Russian peasant boy, rejected by conventional society because of his 'odd ways' who takes to the wilderness to commune with the furry ones.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You could have gone contracting and banked maybe £150K by now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    True, but at least I would have lived the dream and made a good effort.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X