• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Releasing Equity in your home"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RRH View Post
    Footballing yesterday, few of my mates turned up to watch so I got on the RRH showboat, a few step overs later Im on the floor in agony-happy days!

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Good lad

how did the knee happen ?

Milan.
    Footballing yesterday, few of my mates turned up to watch so I got on the HRH showboat, a few step overs later Im on the floor in agony-happy days!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Good lad

how did the knee happen ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    HRH

ja ja super,

look mate, what we all wanna know is,

did you release your, er, equity ?

Milan.
    I was once told it was better to try and fail than not try at all, and boy did I try Milan.

Al I have to show for my weekend of debauchery is a dislocated knee!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    HRH

ja ja super,

look mate, what we all wanna know is,

did you release your, er, equity ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    It shocks me how the general public can't even have 5k in savings. It gives me serious grief to see a contractor in the same state. You are what is wrong with the country and with capitalist economies as a whole.

Im in a much better state than the majority (bar maybe one or two friends) of my peers believe me! I 'own' a house and have no debt (but you probably count a mortgage as debt) not many people on 25-35k incomes have what you seem to take for granted.....

Anyway Im glad to know that its me who is 'wrong with this country' not the work shy, thieves, drug dealers etc-thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    It shocks me how the general public can't even have 5k in savings. It gives me serious grief to see a contractor in the same state. You are what is wrong with the country and with capitalist economies as a whole.
    I have no savings. But then I am divorced - my ex has all my money.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    What the heck does a contractor need a 5K loan for anyway, when they can earn that in three weeks?

(assuming they're not on the bench )
    That's because he's a chippie with a fettish for IT contractor forums.

Perhaps he could do us a nice line of benches when the economy does take a dive.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    HRH.HTH.
    Oh so, you're not the infamous RRH who pretended he'd died and issued an apology on YouTube then?

Glad we got that cleared up.

Apologies.

Btw, if you're charging upwards of £600 for a garden gate you should be rolling in money.
    Last edited by Churchill; 8 March 2008, 08:26.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    What the heck does a contractor need a 5K loan for anyway, when they can earn that in three weeks?

(assuming they're not on the bench )
    He's a jobbing carpenter, not a contractor.

hth.

Leave a comment:

• max
    replied
    No Im on decent money
    No...you're not. If you were we wouldn't be having this discussion.

but I have a big mortgage and and enjoy a decent standard of life, Im 25 and do not have that kind of money at my disposal at the moment!
    Try contracting...you'll make a lot of money!

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I just spent £25,000 of my savings on doing the new house up.
    If I'd known I was going to saw my hand off, I would have got a loan with a payment protection plan
    ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    <SHAKES HEAD>

£5K

An equity release loan to raise £5K

Is everyone in this country so much in hoc that they have no savings whatsoever?

<SHAKES HEAD AND SHUFFLES OFF TO SELL HIS BANK SHARES>
    I just spent £25,000 of my savings on doing the new house up.
    If I'd known I was going to saw my hand off, I would have got a loan with a payment protection plan

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    <SHAKES HEAD>

£5K

An equity release loan to raise £5K

Is everyone in this country so much in hock that they have no savings whatsoever?

<SHAKES HEAD AND SHUFFLES OFF TO SELL HIS BANK SHARES>
    Last edited by Gonzo; 7 March 2008, 21:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X