• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Road Wars/Street Wars"

Collapse

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

They don't seem too discouraged, judging by last night's BBC offering in the genre.
    For your average chavver/chavette the heady mix of cheap booze, cold air, blue falshing lights and a Sky camera is all too much. They think it could be a chance to become the new Jade Goody/Lotto lout and out come the breasts/fists/four letter words.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    I agree tony but they also have the shame of having their bloated faces on national TV swearing and acting like scum for all to see.

They don't seem too discouraged, judging by last night's BBC offering in the genre.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    The narrator is Lee Boardman. He played a gay bloke in Drop Dead Gorgeous and he was in Coronation Street.

Don't know why I know that.

He was also in the excellent HBO series Rome

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/cha...cter_timon.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by 51st State View Post
    Looks like they are lacking a decent Jock vocal resource. Might give that a try. Must be better than this IT malarkey

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    I like it when they focus on the police in Belfast, driving around in their armoured jeeps and being constantly pelted with bricks and fireworks. It's quite frightening, really.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by 51st State View Post
    The guy's name is Lee Boardman. He's like the hard man of voice over.

Looking at his CV (http://www.vocalpoint.net/narration/mvo/) is like staring at the hardest hard thing you can think of.

But his photo gives the game away that he's just a big soft poof.

For me its his slang that I find amusing-

'Giving it legs'-- to run off from the police

'Monkeying' -Trying to climb over an object to evade police

etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    Or scum on the run as I like to call it. Got to admit I really like these shows, not just to see chav scum get served steaming plates of rough justice but also for the narrator, does anyone know who the guy is, sounds like he's from Manchester.
    The narrator is Lee Boardman. He played a gay bloke in Drop Dead Gorgeous and he was in Coronation Street.

Don't know why I know that.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I agree tony but they also have the shame of having their bloated faces on national TV swearing and acting like scum for all to see.

I agree with you though, they 'ban' a chav from driving for 2 years for nicking a car and causing havoc and give him 20 hrs community service.....do you really think banning a car thief from driving the answer!
    Give them something constructive to do.

I notice a few rehabilitated chavs on your YouTube video. Perhaps football coaching is the answer.

Leave a comment:

• 51st State
    replied
    Or scum on the run as I like to call it. Got to admit I really like these shows, not just to see chav scum get served steaming plates of rough justice but also for the narrator, does anyone know who the guy is, sounds like he's from Manchester.
    The guy's name is Lee Boardman. He's like the hard man of voice over.

Looking at his CV (http://www.vocalpoint.net/narration/mvo/) is like staring at the hardest hard thing you can think of.

But his photo gives the game away that he's just a big soft poof.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Those shows get me shouting at the telly in full grumpy old man mode. The chavs who get picked seem to get a caution or a £50 fine. This dispite the fact that they wasted the time of say 5 coppers including 2 farting about in a helicopter. I'd add up the hourly rate of all the coppers and make the fine be that plus a bit more.

I agree with you though, they 'ban' a chav from driving for 2 years for nicking a car and causing havoc and give him 20 hrs community service.....do you really think banning a car thief from driving the answer!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'd add up the hourly rate of all the coppers and make the fine be that plus a bit more.
    What would be the point? They'd never pay the fine!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Those shows get me shouting at the telly in full grumpy old man mode. The chavs who get picked seem to get a caution or a £50 fine. This dispite the fact that they wasted the time of say 5 coppers including 2 farting about in a helicopter. I'd add up the hourly rate of all the coppers and make the fine be that plus a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    ...Wilmslow
    <<canned laughter>>

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    there was me expecting an update from Wilmslow

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    I was watching one recently where they were chasing a car when I noticed it was my bloody street ! Its was during the day so must of missed it being at client site and all that, you could even see my car on the drive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X