• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Wars/Street Wars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
    The guy's name is Lee Boardman. He's like the hard man of voice over.

Looking at his CV (http://www.vocalpoint.net/narration/mvo/) is like staring at the hardest hard thing you can think of.

But his photo gives the game away that he's just a big soft poof.

For me its his slang that I find amusing-

'Giving it legs'-- to run off from the police

'Monkeying' -Trying to climb over an object to evade police

etc etc etc

Comment

I like it when they focus on the police in Belfast, driving around in their armoured jeeps and being constantly pelted with bricks and fireworks. It's quite frightening, really.
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
        Looks like they are lacking a decent Jock vocal resource. Might give that a try. Must be better than this IT malarkey

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
          The narrator is Lee Boardman. He played a gay bloke in Drop Dead Gorgeous and he was in Coronation Street.

Don't know why I know that.

He was also in the excellent HBO series Rome

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/cha...cter_timon.jpg
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            I agree tony but they also have the shame of having their bloated faces on national TV swearing and acting like scum for all to see.

They don't seem too discouraged, judging by last night's BBC offering in the genre.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

They don't seem too discouraged, judging by last night's BBC offering in the genre.
              For your average chavver/chavette the heady mix of cheap booze, cold air, blue falshing lights and a Sky camera is all too much. They think it could be a chance to become the new Jade Goody/Lotto lout and out come the breasts/fists/four letter words.

Comment

Working...
              X