• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC responds to rugby complaints"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    Far too much sport and not enough soaps.
    With any luck we'll get to true pay as you go soon then I won't have to pay for any sport, soaps, celeb carp, or most of what laughingly passes for entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Far too much sport and not enough soaps.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I'm not remotely interested in the Rugby, but I totally agree with this quality rant.
    Wot he said.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Sorry, even Dag was invented by the Australians, even though there are more dags per head of population in NZ than anywhere else. No wonder the kiwis feel inferior to the aussies

http://www.anu.edu.au/andc/ozwords/O...0/TailDag.html
    Dag originates in the West of England.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Not sure I can be @rsed watching more than one Rugby Union match at a session, and even then it has to be a decent running match if I am to stay awake. However, if you don't want to watch it then change bleeding channels or switch off FFS! It is not as if it is every saturday it happens.
    Give the egg-chasers a break!

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7267444.stm

Well anyone who complained can just f*** off in my opinion. I have to endure hour after hour of the TV companies only showing soaps, stupid minor celebrities doing something uninteresting, dumb-f*** American 'comedies' and dramas and camp-idiot-dressing-up-insecure women rubbish so good on them for showing a whole days worth of stuff I'm interested in for once.

I think the BBC should have issued a statement saying that the 124 people who complained can, quite frankly, go f*** themselves.
    They probably get about 10000 complaints each time a union jack is shown flying upside down, or a when a steam engine only introduced in 1935 appears in a drama set in 1934. So I wouldn't get your rugby shorts in a twist.

P.S. I wish they'd only show all that sports rubbish on the Sports channels though, wether it's rugby (groan), snooker (sigh), cricket (yawn), or anything else. A few hours of fishing would be OK though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Sorry, even Dag was invented by the Australians, even though there are more dags per head of population in NZ than anywhere else. No wonder the kiwis feel inferior to the aussies

We just call 'em claggy arses where I come from!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    What's The Dag?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Shakey sings JH Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6FdZWB08vg

~I haven't heard it myself so can't comment on the, ahem.. quality

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Imagine Elvis singing Jailhouse Rock with a Welsh accent...
    Yep. he's called Tom Jones ...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    With the various web sites claiming that all things great and good come from <insert your country here>, what are the accepted criteria?

Born there, Father Born there, Mother born there, Both parents.

At what point do you stop being, for example, an aussie and become 'of aussie descent'?

Being Welsh, we are particularly bad at this! In one of his books, Howard Marks makes an argument for Elvis being Welsh FFS

Just askin' like.
    Imagine Elvis singing Jailhouse Rock with a Welsh accent...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    With the various web sites claiming that all things great and good come from <insert your country here>, what are the accepted criteria?

Born there, Father Born there, Mother born there, Both parents.

At what point do you stop being, for example, an aussie and become 'of aussie descent'?

Being Welsh, we are particularly bad at this! In one of his books, Howard Marks makes an argument for Elvis being Welsh FFS

Just askin' like.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I never really understood that stat (I like fishing the few times I've done it). I live in London, no one I know goes fishing regularily. I come from the country and only a handful of people I know go fishing regularily. But football, rugby etc I know hundreds.

How do they calculate it?
    Well, most surveys are filled out by women, and one of the questions is:

Where does your husband/partner tell you he's been when he stays out all night on a regular basis?

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Excellent now every time you and Snaw hear the final whistle in a poofball match you can think of New Zealand.
    Yep, a nation of geniuses!!!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I was wrong...they are an important nation after all:

New Zealand referee William Atack was the world's first to use a whistle to stop a game of sport in 1884.
    Excellent now every time you and Snaw hear the final whistle in a poofball match you can think of New Zealand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X