• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Things that annoy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things that annoy"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    People who cycle on the footpath in Holland when they are right next to a wide, purpose built, completely empty cycle path

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I was on the Metro Link in Manchester today and people were giving up their seats for the old, and mothers, it only takes a few people having good manners to make a difference. I'm sure people do it on the tube too, but it's easy to get into the rush around blinkered mindset, bearing in mind some of the nutters you can see on the tube I guess it's understandable. I never rush even when in London, if someone is in a hurry I'm sure they can get past me. Chill mannnnn!
    Some people in London are nice and give their seats up for you....unfortunately they tend to be the elderly or those who have been injuried badly in recent memory and are glad they can walk.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Not really. My wife is skinny. She's got a massive bump sticking out in front of her, and there's no way you'd have to ask the question. Plus she's the hardest working person I know - she works part ffs in recruitment, and is still her teams top earner!

Also she wears the badges, and she does ask, this has almost caused a fight once when she asked and the bloke (On chair next to door if you know the tube) refused to offer her a seat and someone else got very incensed (If I'd been there I would have clocked the pr!ck).

Best not make assumptions, either about my wife or reasons for this kind of behaviour - people on transport in London are simply rude.
    I was on the Metro Link in Manchester today and people were giving up their seats for the old, and mothers, it only takes a few people having good manners to make a difference. I'm sure people do it on the tube too, but it's easy to get into the rush around blinkered mindset, bearing in mind some of the nutters you can see on the tube I guess it's understandable. I never rush even when in London, if someone is in a hurry I'm sure they can get past me. Chill mannnnn!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Good reply! I particular like the use of the word 'needle' as a verb.

Thanks.. but dont think flattery will make me show you mine... or want to see yours.

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied
    People who feel the need to try and impress people all the time, arrogancy, rudeness, people who have no patience, fighting... the list could go on! But then again if we were all the same the world would be a boring place!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I managed to needle some unhygienic scumbags and have revelled in glory since.

Good reply! I particular like the use of the word 'needle' as a verb.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    The Tube:

1. Being squashed in like a sardine in a tube that's at sauna temperature and arriving dripping in sweat. Lovely start to the day.

2. People who don't know/ignore escalator etiquette. Its very simple:

a) Stand on the right unless passing
    b) Pass on the left
    c) Do not shove past unless point a) is being ignored
    d) Do not stop and stare round aimlessly once you get off. Get out of the way!

Rant over.
    e) People that get to the front of the barrier and then start digging in their pockets for their ticket.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    The Tube:

1. Being squashed in like a sardine in a tube that's at sauna temperature and arriving dripping in sweat. Lovely start to the day.

2. People who don't know/ignore escalator etiquette. Its very simple:

a) Stand on the right unless passing
    b) Pass on the left
    c) Do not shove past unless point a) is being ignored
    d) Do not stop and stare round aimlessly once you get off. Get out of the way!

Rant over.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Are you the most unpopular person on here or what? Seems like a one-horse race to me.
    I managed to needle some unhygienic scumbags and have revelled in glory since.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

What's the matter? Not feeling well?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Dont mind him Kathy.. he is all keyboard no action.
    Hi tay. You seem like a cheeky boy. I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

Are you the most unpopular person on here or what? Seems like a one-horse race to me.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied

Like most men I guess.

Present company excepted of course!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Funny you should say that, I found myself getting quite cross and downhearted at the thought of a four hour meeting, the other day, until I decided to just think of it as an "afternoon off". I then found I was almost happy about it.
    It is great - Until you get asked a question while dreaming...

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I used to be annoyed by this too. Then I realised that although my body can be there my mind is free to wander and dream of pleasant pastures etc....and I get paid for it too, which enhances the pleasure.
    Funny you should say that, I found myself getting quite cross and downhearted at the thought of a four hour meeting, the other day, until I decided to just think of it as an "afternoon off". I then found I was almost happy about it.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X