• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1 Month to become c# contractor?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    no flies on you razor are there

Milan.
    I can't take all the credit. Some numpty invented google. There's just no mystery anymore. Apart from why Denny was banned, according to the hard of thinking.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    no flies on you razor are there

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    the third meaning for MSDN is I've been trying for ages to subtly encourage people to wack it on their cv's in their list of certifications and see what response it brings at interviews

Probably howls of laughter. MSDN doesn't appear to be a level of certification me old bene.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've stuck "DimPrawn, certified SAP" on my CV and noone has disagreed with me.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    the third meaning for MSDN is I've been trying for ages to subtly encourage people to wack it on their cv's in their list of certifications and see what response it brings at interviews

we'll get there in the end someone will do it

Milan 'certified MSDN' Benes.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    nah Shim,

I mean MSDN

get yourself that baby and they'll be knocking your door down to get you on contracts

So MSDN has at least 3 meaning now, of which only two I can remember at the moment!? Maybe the third one is MSDN with a silent D.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    nah Shim,

I mean MSDN

get yourself that baby and they'll be knocking your door down to get you on contracts

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    tim

tim
    Your brother, tom tom, is a much better navigator. Though I think you'll probably have the edge on him when it comes to one way streets and knowing what a no-entry sign looks like.
    Last edited by PAH; 21 February 2008, 16:14.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Don't know about embedded stuff, but a DOS C program would have started with main, like C programs are meant to, and the command line arguments are passed into that. I've never heard of the 'args' function.

I think if I'd have been interviewing you I wouldn't have thought any less if you'd asked about where to get the args, but if you couldn't work out how to parse it with or without the string functions, I wouldn't have been very impressed.
    There was no chance to ask.

It was, "sit in a room and write the code to do this".

You don't need to use string routines to parse the buffer. The arg functions do it all for you - it's a three line answer.

tim

tim

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    MCSD you mean, Milan - done that but no one seems to be beating a path to my door yet...?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    lads,

top tip...

the best way to get into a successfuly .Net C# contracting career is to have the certificates, get the certification, go for the full monty and aim to be a fully certified MSDN and you'll be larfing

Milan.

I can download the certificates just as easily as I can download a degree if I believed that.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    lads,

top tip...

the best way to get into a successfuly .Net C# contracting career is to have the certificates, get the certification, go for the full monty and aim to be a fully certified MSDN and you'll be larfing

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Evil Barstewards

HTH
    Oh I see. That's where they're going wrong then. Evil Bar-studs have a much better time!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Maybe that's why Denny kept banging on about agents really being EBs, whatever EB stands for. Employment Broker?
    Evil Barstewards

HTH

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Oddly every non-contractor I've talked to about this has assumed you have one agent that finds you work, I guess like a theatrical agent.

Yeah, many other freelancers must have to sign a contract with the agent binding them for a fixed period or until notice is served. Footballers, writers, actors etc. Though I think those types of agents would be working a bit harder for their 10% when the freelancer needs work.

Maybe that's why Denny kept banging on about agents really being EBs, whatever EB stands for. Employment Broker?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X