• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Old forum was better!!!"

Collapse

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles
    My main issue with the new format is that Avatrars make it a lot less work friendly. RS
    Go to "Edit Options" in User Profile. You can uncheck the "Show Avatars" option.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    For what Box's fashionable circle would never believe is that their witty, cheerfully bisexual friend is also a secret agent...
    Sounds like I should pick up a copy

Leave a comment:

• WGAS
    replied
    Thank goodness you didn't read 'The adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace', heaven knows what your sig would have ended up as

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    "This new board is unpleasant. Harder to read, too much distracting bollocks, posts too spread out."

Oh yeah, they did such a good job. It's exactly the same as the old one.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Too right it was

This new board is unpleasant. Harder to read, too much distracting bollocks, posts too spread out.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    My main issue with the new format is that Avatrars make it a lot less work friendly. The old schema was kind of subtle.....'till you hit on a thread with embedded pictures, now it's REALLY obvious what you're doing....
    I'm going to be on here less in work time (alll say Ahhh).

(All say Who?)

RS

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    It's fine in a high resolution, bloody horrible in 800*600 and 1024*768 (aka crappy test rigs I use at clients site).

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Lucifer....you astound me, mate...truly astound me.

Mark Gatiss...he of Gentleman fame?
    That's the fella. Cracking good read. Here's the blurb...

Edwardian London. It is a world that seems familiar to us: Hansom cabs rattling through fog-choked streets, gin-swilling aesthetes rubbing shoulders with movers and shakers of British Imperial grandeur. And beneath the confident facade, naturally, an underworld of sinister Tongs, crazed anarchists, murder, and seething vice. So much for the familiar picture of comforting Victoriana. But this is the world of Lucifer Box and nothing is quite as it first appears. Lucifer Box is the most fashionable portrait painter of his day: trading bon mots with the best of them and ruthlessly exploiting his talent and dandified beauty to enter every level of this intriguing society. From his elegant townhouse at Number 9 Downing Street (well, someone has to live there...) to his vast studio in Chelsea, from the snow-choked streets of Tsarist St petersburg to the sun-bleached hotels of Mentone, life is one long, dazzling party. Of course, leading a double life is terribly fashionable and Lucifer Box is not to be outdone. For what Box's fashionable circle would never believe is that their witty, cheerfully bisexual friend is also a secret agent...

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Lucifer....you astound me, mate...truly astound me.

Mark Gatiss...he of Gentleman fame?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    "Lucifer" is the Victorian name for a match, so "Lucifer Box" as in "Match Box". Yeah, I know, a bit crap.

It is also the name of the hero in this book, that I read and throughly enjoyed just before creating my ezBoard account. Yeah, I know, even more crap.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    What does the box mean, anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Ah well Lucifer, you at least are the real McCoy.
    No one in their right mind would want my nick.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The Real McCoy

Ah well Lucifer, you at least are the real McCoy.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Oi, Sasguru, what are you doing here? Did DCJ get home from school early?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    10?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X