• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I miss the seaside

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I miss the seaside"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    Smashing spot Tay, but arent you worried about it being under water soon? Is that volcanoe dead?
    The Volcano is extinct... well as extinct as Volcano's get anyway.

As for rising water... not to concerned we have a bit of leeway.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'd like to live beside the seaside but I hate brass bands and all that tiddly om pom pom would really pi55 me off in very little time at all
    That is all down the other end of the prom, prom, prom from us.

And there's lots of girls beside,
    I should like to be beside
    Beside the seaside!
    Beside the sea!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    When my folks lived in Aberdeen there was a big woods next to the house. The sound of the wind blowing through the trees used to sound great when trying to get to sleep. But then I like any sort of noise when dropping off - I think that is because I'm really good at sleeping something I put down to the fact that I practice sleeping at least once day for many hours at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I love living by the sea with the only exception being f'ing seagulls.

Rats with wings! And the noise they make just grates.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I live so close to the sea that I can sit on the cliff tops and still conect to my wireless network. Lovely.

I take a stroll along the prom prom prom most days I am home.
    Love storms.
    There is also a lovely beach where I can play with my kite and buggy.
    I'd like to live beside the seaside but I hate brass bands and all that tiddly om pom pom would really pi55 me off in very little time at all

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    This is my home town and where I am going to retire in November

Home sweet home

You can see my house in that pic

or this one

Linky
    Smashing spot Tay, but arent you worried about it being under water soon? Is that volcanoe dead?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I live so close to the sea that I can sit on the cliff tops and still conect to my wireless network. Lovely.

I take a stroll along the prom prom prom most days I am home.
    Love storms.
    There is also a lovely beach where I can play with my kite and buggy.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    This is my home town and where I am going to retire in November

Home sweet home

You can see my house in that pic

or this one

Linky
    Last edited by tay; 7 February 2008, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Why not move to the east coast that way the sea comes to you.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    You could borrow my caravan in Clacton if you're that desperate to see the sea.

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Before, I tended to just visit General occasionally and confined myself to caricaturing my own invented business related scenarios - a humous side of the serious ir35 issues on the other sites.
    There you go again, talking about food!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

Good for you Denny - not the glands, but the sense of humour
    I've always been humorous on 'General' from the time I started, Sandy. What is actually different is that I'm posting on other light and frivolous subjects - like maths - and bantering with others more. I've started visiting the Light Relief site as well, which is very new for me. I've even posted a couple of jokes.

Before, I tended to just visit General occasionally and confined myself to caricaturing my own invented business related scenarios - a humous side of the serious ir35 issues on the other sites.

I still post on the other serious sites though, but actually prefer Shout 99 for the heavy weight discussions these days.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...kaze_squirrel/

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    It's my glands.

Good for you Denny - not the glands, but the sense of humour

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    you do indeed seem to have developed a sense of humour as well as shortening your posts Denny, just goes to show how good for us all this frivolous site is
    It's my glands.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Good thing I've got a sense of humour, otherwise you'd be getting a cyber thick ear, you cheeky little runt.
    you do indeed seem to have developed a sense of humour as well as shortening your posts Denny, just goes to show how good for us all this frivolous site is

Leave a comment:

Working...
X