• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Favourite av

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite av"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I have them all switched off now, after I found myself reading too many posts from Bumfluff.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Thanks BP & SD & OS

It's really okay, people do stare a lot, which isn't fun. Most of the pain is gone now I'm just waiting for the new skin to come through.

Haven't done any art for ages, I will in my new place though, the dining room table is right beside a huge window with great light.

What is your skill SD?
    Lucy, glad things are better for you, hope your skin is OK by the time you start the course. Please stay around and let us know how things go with you – it would be good to hear about your experience – as you know am an ex-nurse (looooong time ago – before having the kids) hence been doing this kind of thing – well close not exactly the same.

As for my IT skills: when I had the kids, I didn’t want to work as a nurse with all shift work – so I went back to uni and did a computing degree (Uni used to be free then ), started my career as a developer and moved on to analysis and design kind of work.. but of team leading… but am happiest being just a BA really.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Hi Sandy

I am okay, moving friday and starting my course tomorrow night. I've been having chemo for skin cancer and my face has been blistering and peeling - v.attractive !

How are you?

Sorry to hear this Lucy, hope you are getting better and you'll be back to normal soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Thanks BP & SD & OS

It's really okay, people do stare a lot, which isn't fun. Most of the pain is gone now I'm just waiting for the new skin to come through.

Haven't done any art for ages, I will in my new place though, the dining room table is right beside a huge window with great light.

What is your skill SD?
    Last edited by Lucy; 6 February 2008, 15:01. Reason: missed os

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I've been having chemo for skin cancer and my face has been blistering and peeling - v.attractive !
    Sorry to hear that , hope it all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Hi Sandy

I am okay, moving friday and starting my course tomorrow night. I've been having chemo for skin cancer and my face has been blistering and peeling - v.attractive !

How are you?
    Oh Lucy, am so sorry to hear it, didn't know you were not well... I hope you get better soon -

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Hi Sandy

How are you?

Sorry to hear that Lucy

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Hey Lucy, was asking about you yesterday.. how are things with you, have you started with your art/painting plans?
    Hi Sandy

How are you?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I've seen cats running away as happy as yours after doing the deed in the garden
    Naturally. It's the feline version of Knock Down Ginger.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Re: avatar. These are not ring biscuits; merely tackle out.
    I've seen cats running away as happy as yours after doing the deed in the garden

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    A stuffed squirrel's tail will adopt any position you choose to bend it in.
    As in taxidermy or something a bit more literal?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    The tail is curly enough - then schweine is running away trying to save its life then the tail is not exactly curly. Seen squirrel on my hand? The tail is relaxed, and not arching.

Now looking at your avatar I can say that it is definately a cat, with a very dirty arse...
    A stuffed squirrel's tail will adopt any position you choose to bend it in.

Re: avatar. These are not ring biscuits; merely tackle out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Are you sure you're not looking at the back of the pig? That's no nose.
    The tail is curly enough - then schweine is running away trying to save its life then the tail is not exactly curly. Seen squirrel on my hand? The tail is relaxed, and not arching.

Now looking at your avatar I can say that it is definately a cat, with a very dirty arse...

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    I've seen live pigs in my grandma's village, they have funny noses
    Are you sure you're not looking at the back of the pig? That's no nose.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Surely not. No curly tail.
    No, it's clearly a schweine. I've seen live pigs in my grandma's village, they have funny noses

Leave a comment:

Working...
X