• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plans for the weekend"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Since nobody else seems to care.

Tonight: Dinner in town and meeting some friends for drinks
    Sat: Viewing possible wedding reception venue then watch the rugby in a local watering hole
    Sun: Farmers market and then potter around the house, generally relaxing followed by a nice roast dinner.

and you?
    Having just sent HMR&C a £10000 cheque for Corporation tax arrears:

Tonight: Quiet night in, eating a slice of bread dipped in water
    Saturday: Quiet night in, eating a slice of bread dipped in water
    Sunday: Quiet night in, eating a slice of bread dipped in water

P.S. Did Mahatma Ghandi ever eat anything else besides bread and water? I'd quite like to vary my diet a bit (until the next invoice payment rolls in next week )

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Tonight - watch tulip on TV and drink a load of wine.
    Tomorrow - watch tulip on TV and drink a load of wine.
    Sunday - try not to drink any wine until late and stay up to watch the Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Watching the rugby then might pop over to see some mates in Leeds.

Just finished 2 months worth of accounts...bah

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    It's the missus's birthday so a nice meal out in town with friends While she stays at home cleaning.....

Leave a comment:

• LJames75
    replied
    Dependant on the Weather.

Looking at taking the motorbike out of storage, inspect it and see if it starts up, then put it away again.

Do a bit of retail therapy on the net. Start processing my 1000's of photos I took in Scotland.

Had a link to 1TB external hard drive sent to me £136 inc VAT, might purchase that.

Have a few beers with my friends next to the River, providing the pub is not flooded.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    It's the missus's birthday so a nice meal out in town with friends.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Skiing tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Curry out tonight then a relaxing weekend catching up on some DVDs before another gruelling week working from home.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Is that your first fiancee?
    My only fiancee

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    The only definite plans are taking fiancee to his job interview tomorrow morning and then probably renting a couple of DVD's as the TV next week looks terrible.
    Is that your first fiancee?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Plan B
    Plan B
    Plan B

Next!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Pub tonight with some friends, gig with the band Saturday, jamming session at another pub Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Taking the family to my home town so they can shop and relax while I work hard on Plan B. Sunday is breakfast with a friend followed by lunch with parents and then flight home with screaming kids

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Gathering together a week's work clothes.

Packing.

Driving to a hotel.

Spending a sleepless night worrying about how to handle day one at...

My new gig!

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Starting a new 2 or 3 day week contract next week so it'll be a 3 day weekend for me, followed by 4 or 5 day weekends after that

I intend celebrating by doing as little as possible this weekend and dodging kids. Will be having a few lagers watching the rugby Saturday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X