• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Champange Breakfast"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    That's one hell of a long course you're doing....
    Tell me about it. Strange thing is there's 70 teachers and just the one student, me. Oh hang on, I'm on the wrong side of the desk.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    There is a stain down the wall from my first floor room that's still there to this day over 15 years later.
    That's one hell of a long course you're doing....

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Bacon sarnies and a cans of special brew at 4am was very surreal. While queueing overnight for the accomodation agency to open so we could get the house we wanted.

My only experience of Special Brew was also at uni. In the first year I stayed in the halls of residence and one night a group of us started downing a few cans of the stuff. 30 minutes later I was on a promise with a rather nice irish girl. 45 mins later she was in bed comatose having chucked her guts up. An hour later I had my head out of my bedroom window puking my guts up because I knew I wouldn't make the loo.

There is a stain down the wall from my first floor room that's still there to this day over 15 years later. I'm not sure if it was the special brew or my stomach acid that bleached the wall, but after missing out on a guaranteed shag I've never touched the stuff since.

So I can honestly say I left my mark.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Special brew = student champagne?
    Trampagne

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    When I was a student I had a can of special brew at 9am once. Special brew = student champagne?

I did a number of strange things when I was a student.
    Bacon sarnies and a cans of special brew at 4am was very surreal. While queueing overnight for the accomodation agency to open so we could get the house we wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    For me they made it a night hard to remember. We should ask TheFaQQer - he seemed to have been learned by them the most

I think there were some photos of them flying about but the board went into melt down the last time they were shown.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Who were they? They sound like really great guys.
    Just two randoms I bumped into one night on an adventure in London

They certainly made it a night t remember

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Once upon a time, I met 2 very wise boys who showed me that champagne is best with Red Bull
    Who were they? They sound like really great guys.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I am a man of class, taste, distinction and etiquette. I adore fine wine. I, however, am not an old bugger (well, not quite) and I have to vouch for the benefits of Champagne & Red Bull.

It works. It packs a punch (probably as the Red Bull makes it a highly gluggable drink), but keeps you going at the same time.

When things start to get really expensive/messy, I am also partial to Vodka, Champagne & Red Bull (or Liquid Cocaine as the Chinawhite set call it). Wimps need not apply.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    When I was a student I had a can of special brew at 9am once. Special brew = student champagne?

I did a number of strange things when I was a student.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Indeed as I have also been shown is is better with RedBull. Possibly by the same two wise men.

Do they just travel the country dispensing drinking advice.
    Very possibly

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Once upon a time, I met 2 very wise boys who showed me that champagne is best with Red Bull
    Indeed as I have also been shown is is better with RedBull. Possibly by the same two wise men.

Do they just travel the country dispensing drinking advice.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    Hangover by lunchtime though.....
    If it's top notch quality champagne you shouldn't get a hangover. Only if you get served that cheap tat from Tesco's. Oh, and mix your drinks too.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I have found my affinity for champagne has increased dramatically with age. Used to hate the stuff but now quite enjoy the odd glass/bottle.
    It just gives me acid but once I've quaffed one bottle it becomes easier to stomach... I just think it’s wasted on my unsophisticated pallet.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    If I ever want to slum it, I will let you know.
    Sweetheart, you don't have to keep the act up - I know you adore me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X