• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Acid rain

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Acid rain"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Well you can't put a tax on that so it got shelved

Or did you mean wales?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    The looming catastrophe we were stupidest to forgot about was overpopulation, the parent and cause of all of the above catastrophes.
    Yep. Even if you buy global warming hook, line and sinker, you have to admit it's a bit stupid asking each person to reduce their so called carbon emissions if the number of people is allowed to grow unchecked. On that basis, China has done more for global warming than any other nation.

Time for the pregnancy tax.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The looming catastrophe we were stupidest to forgot about was overpopulation, the parent and cause of all of the above catastrophes.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    What ever happened to saving the whales?
    Well you can't put a tax on that so it got shelved

Or did you mean wales?

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    What ever happened to saving the whales?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Acccciiiiiiiiddd Acccciiidddddd ( * ) ( * )

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I feel robbed that the ice age we were entering 20 yrs ago has now been changed to global warming.

I spent loads on wooly jumpers.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I miss "pollution", this was such a big thing in the 70's. If the predictions then had even partially come to pass, we'd all be up to our armpits in toxic waste by now.....
    It's called "carbon di-oxide" now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I miss "pollution", this was such a big thing in the 70's. If the predictions then had even partially come to pass, we'd all be up to our armpits in toxic waste by now.....
    Yes, if the freons were not banned we would not have an ozon layer holes - there would be no ozon layer to speak of.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Anyone else feel sorry for poor old acid rain ?
    He used to be big, the biggest in fact. Then we had nuclear winter, aids, footanmouth, el nino, super bugs and now global warming and a credit crunch.

Well I miss him, he was good in his own little sulphuric way and these newer younger brash catastrophes just dont have the style of the old days.
    pah

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic Acid rain

Acid rain

Anyone else feel sorry for poor old acid rain ?
    He used to be big, the biggest in fact. Then we had nuclear winter, aids, footanmouth, el nino, super bugs and now global warming and a credit crunch.

Well I miss him, he was good in his own little sulphuric way and these newer younger brash catastrophes just dont have the style of the old days.
    pah

Working...
X