• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wealthy Whingers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wealthy Whingers"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Not bad for a woman with no job..."

I've started spending more than £6 on a bottle of wine now as well.

Come on. COME ON!!!

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    reminds me of my ex-wife who got so much satisfaction from drinking £100 bottles of champagne at christmas, then probably more satisfaction from telling me about it.

Not bad for a woman with no job...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I read it to confirm my fears that my sad pathetic life is being caused by immigrants and scroungers, and to keep abreast of z-list celebrity news.

HTH
    Was there by chance any mention of the BBC spending £25 million to launch a Gaelic channel to reach an audience of only 60,000 viewers?

Makes my blood boil it does

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    MF,

u r da man

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Load of rubbish if you ask me.

£390+ House.Nah, mines worth much more than that
    14% have one piece of original Art Work - Yep I have 6 pieces, plus an antique book collection worth about 20k
    £20K in the bank - Pah!!! Pittance.
    Foreign Holidays. Always out of the country
    Two Cars - Yep
    More than one house - Yep
    Private School - Yep. Looking at one for the nipper at the moment.
    £88000 income. Pah. Not even close, I wouldnt work for that

Do I feel rich then. Nope. I may be considered cash rich, but Im time poor - and thats the difference!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    my sister is like that. would make the people above look poor. but still always whining. I hate the b***h.
    Is she married?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

They may have big houses, flash cars and exotic holidays, but the wealthy still aren't happy (file picture)
    They have the money, the jobs, the homes and the holidays. And yet, for the vast majority of wealthy families, there is a problem - they still don't feel well-off.

While millions of their fellow Britons may find it difficult to sympathise, the so-called working wealthy clearly believe they are having a tough time.

According to a survey published today, such households earn £88,000 a year, have more than £20,000 of annual disposable income, take two foreign holidays and live in a home worth £390,000. [DP- Peasants )

What more, you might ask, do they want?

The answer, it seems, is to earn around £60,000 more a year, own more than one property and send their children to a private school.

Then, the survey found, they would feel rich.

I hate people like that.

my sister is like that. would make the people above look poor. but still always whining. I hate the b***h.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Don't have kids, then you'll feel rich!
    get divorced

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    tay, sorry for taking the mick out of your suits. No harm meant.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I ahve noticed that the Brits are very materialistic, almost as bad as the Yanks. I blame the chav culture of bling... it has a middle class version, just no one notices it.
    This is a country full of brand obsessed credit card junkies. I have lost track the amount of times I have had 'discussions' with people at client sites about how much I spend on suits (very little).. A couple of contractors have even tried to make fun of my cheap suits... I just laugh and say.. well I got this job with a carppy suit.. and you have the same job, at the same place on less rate and you needed a £1200 suit... who is the idiot?
    And yes.. I am fully expecting some more insecure numpties on this board to tell me how cheap suits are rubbish and how they dont by £1200 suits to look good, but becuase of how they feel... as long as they believe that.. no problem...

Fire away
    I don't have any expensive suits, although I would like to go to Hong Kong/China some time and get some tailor made ones. Probably work out about the same cost as a cheapish UK suit but perfectly fitting and looking a million times better.

That can wait until I have a load of disposable income and no idea of what to do with it though

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    What are you doing reading the Nazi paper, prawn?
    I read it to confirm my fears that my sad pathetic life is being caused by immigrants and scroungers, and to keep abreast of z-list celebrity news.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    What are you doing reading the Nazi paper, prawn?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I ahve noticed that the Brits are very materialistic, almost as bad as the Yanks. I blame the chav culture of bling... it has a middle class version, just no one notices it.
    This is a country full of brand obsessed credit card junkies. I have lost track the amount of times I have had 'discussions' with people at client sites about how much I spend on suits (very little).. A couple of contractors have even tried to make fun of my cheap suits... I just laugh and say.. well I got this job with a crappy suit.. and you have the same job, at the same place on less rate and you needed a £1200 suit... who is the idiot?
    And yes.. I am fully expecting some more insecure numpties on this board to tell me how cheap suits are rubbish and how they dont by £1200 suits to look good, but becuase of how they feel... as long as they believe that.. no problem...

Fire away

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The answer, it seems, is to earn around £60,000 more a year, own more than one property and send their children to a private school.

Then, the survey found, they would feel rich.
    No, they think they would then feel rich. But they wouldn't. They'd find something else imperfect.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Don't have kids, then you'll feel rich!
    You know it, I don't earn as much as some of the contractors I work with but I have masses of disposable income as most of theirs is paying for the wife and kids.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X