• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Migrants don't drive wages down...."

Collapse

• Squatch
    replied
    There should be a 6 month limit for unemployment benefits as in the US. After that you get parachuted into Waziristan.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Is anyone ever sacked for offshore disasters - I mean the UK management who initially think it's such a good idea?
    Management didn't get where they are today by being sacked for incompetence.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've still got a gigantic folder of rejection letters etc from 1991, and a smaller one from 1993...
    Times were really tough in 1993 so firms could not even afford to send rejection letters?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
    and how did u come to the conclusion those Indians were 'Illegal immigrants'??
    By the fact that the "Cambridge Evening News" reported it as such!

Some vinegar for those chips?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    In Cambridge, the main contractors for the "Guided Bus Route" have just sacked a load of Indian illegal immigrants - the buggers are everywhere!

Also, just as an update, a piece of work we subcontracted to "Tech Mahindra" has just been delivered.... £81k pissed into the wind!!! Another off-shoring effing disaster!

Churchill - In "It's only money" mode!

and how did u come to the conclusion those Indians were 'Illegal immigrants'??

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    It's turning into tpd !

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied

I know, just playing.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    With what - your little bone?
    Mind your own business!

Churchill - In "Cleanliness is next to doGliness" mode!

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied

I know, just playing.
    With what - your little bone?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

I know, just playing.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Yeah but you're a female, you've got plenty of work to do at home!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    From the end of 2005 I spent nearly 2 years unemployed, during which I applied for over 300 jobs by applying online etc. Previously I was unemployed from late 1998 until mid 2001 applying for jobs (all over the country). And I'm supposed to be working in an industry which I thought was immune from this long-term unemployment risk.
    So not all long-term unemployed are lazy layabouts like you say.
    Yeah but you're a female, you've got plenty of work to do at home!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    An in law of mine hasn't worked for years just sponged off the state and family. She now has a job less fella and they are havign a baby! The state (and me via my missus) is going to pay for everything.

Really F**ks me off.

There was a suggestion recently that people on long term employment havign to do a form of comunity service type work to receive their benefits. I'm all for it, once they are out of work for a while, they just don't care about getting a job, meeting people, or bettering themselves. Even the promise of more money wouldn't work!

From the end of 2005 I spent nearly 2 years unemployed, during which I applied for over 300 jobs by applying online etc. Previously I was unemployed from late 1998 until mid 2001 applying for jobs (all over the country). And I'm supposed to be working in an industry which I thought was immune from this long-term unemployment risk.
    So not all long-term unemployed are lazy layabouts like you say.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Stop picking on us migrants, we do jobs none of you lot want to do! Like project mgmt and .Net development.

Lazy brits.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Sounds like a nobrainer decision to me - at least 20 hours of community work, if nothing available then pick up trash everywhere - if roads still dirty (ie they do bad job), they get benefits withdrawn.
    That's you bolloxed then, eh?

Feeding vermin is not a community service!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X