• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants don't drive wages down....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    There was an article on the Beeb about how we may need to import more low skilled labour to build the Olympics... it beggard belief that we cannot get the incumbent work-shy off their arses to get involved... or do you think this could have been used as a warm up to announcing more immigration ( can't work out why London should have any unemployment anyway - if you can't find work in London doing something - you should be shot as valueless)
    In Cambridge, the main contractors for the "Guided Bus Route" have just sacked a load of Indian illegal immigrants - the buggers are everywhere!

Also, just as an update, a piece of work we subcontracted to "Tech Mahindra" has just been delivered.... £81k pissed into the wind!!! Another off-shoring effing disaster!

Churchill - In "It's only money" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Also, just as an update, a piece of work we subcontracted to "Tech Mahindra" has just been delivered.... £81k pissed into the wind!!! Another off-shoring effing disaster!
      Is anyone ever sacked for offshore disasters - I mean the UK management who initially think it's such a good idea? I've witnessed loads of debacles in the UK retail-banking sector but no one is ever held accountable!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

An in law of mine hasn't worked for years just sponged off the state and family. She now has a job less fella and they are havign a baby! The state (and me via my missus) is going to pay for everything.

Really F**ks me off.

There was a suggestion recently that people on long term employment havign to do a form of comunity service type work to receive their benefits. I'm all for it, once they are out of work for a while, they just don't care about getting a job, meeting people, or bettering themselves. Even the promise of more money wouldn't work!
        http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
          There was a suggestion recently that people on long term employment havign to do a form of comunity service type work to receive their benefits.
          Sounds like a nobrainer decision to me - at least 20 hours of community work, if nothing available then pick up trash everywhere - if roads still dirty (ie they do bad job), they get benefits withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Sounds like a nobrainer decision to me - at least 20 hours of community work, if nothing available then pick up trash everywhere - if roads still dirty (ie they do bad job), they get benefits withdrawn.
            That's you bolloxed then, eh?

Feeding vermin is not a community service!

Comment

Stop picking on us migrants, we do jobs none of you lot want to do! Like project mgmt and .Net development.

Lazy brits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
                An in law of mine hasn't worked for years just sponged off the state and family. She now has a job less fella and they are havign a baby! The state (and me via my missus) is going to pay for everything.

Really F**ks me off.

There was a suggestion recently that people on long term employment havign to do a form of comunity service type work to receive their benefits. I'm all for it, once they are out of work for a while, they just don't care about getting a job, meeting people, or bettering themselves. Even the promise of more money wouldn't work!

From the end of 2005 I spent nearly 2 years unemployed, during which I applied for over 300 jobs by applying online etc. Previously I was unemployed from late 1998 until mid 2001 applying for jobs (all over the country). And I'm supposed to be working in an industry which I thought was immune from this long-term unemployment risk.
                So not all long-term unemployed are lazy layabouts like you say.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  From the end of 2005 I spent nearly 2 years unemployed, during which I applied for over 300 jobs by applying online etc. Previously I was unemployed from late 1998 until mid 2001 applying for jobs (all over the country). And I'm supposed to be working in an industry which I thought was immune from this long-term unemployment risk.
                  So not all long-term unemployed are lazy layabouts like you say.
                  Yeah but you're a female, you've got plenty of work to do at home!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Yeah but you're a female, you've got plenty of work to do at home!

It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

I know, just playing.

Comment

Working...
                      X